Fair price to lay shed base and patio?

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Damo46, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Damo46

Damo46 New Member

I need some work done in the garden and I'm going to call a few local landscaping companies, but I'm not sure what is a fair and reasonable price to pay.

Has anyone had similar work done, or in the trade and can suggest a reasonable price
    1. Build a concrete base for shed - 1.5m x 2.1m (roughly 5x7ft). Already dug out.
    1. 2. Lay patio on concrete bed - 15 large slabs which I already have. Size is 3m x 1.8m (roughly 10x6ft). Needs to be dug out.
    I can't figure out a fair price for materials and labour. I'm on the south coast.

I was going to hire a mixer and do it myself but other half is in and out of hospital and I've not really got the time or anyone local to help out.

Access is down a 20-30m alleyway from roadside to garden, and I'm happy to keep the soil dug out for the patio, I'll use it for raised beds I'm going to put in.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. Okoak

Okoak Active Member

You don't need to work out "a fair price", the contractors that you ask for a quote will calculate and provide a price based on a number of factors., some will be more expensive than others.
    Whether you consider those prices to "be fair" is irrelevant as you have no knowledge of the overheads and required margins required for the contractors to provide a professional service and operate a sustainable business.

Jord86 likes this.
  3. Damo46

Damo46 New Member

OK, thanks. That's what I am intending to do, I was just trying to see if I could get a ballpark so that I could make sure we're roughly on the same page rather than wasting people's time coming round...

4. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

It sound's like a builder you need but as Okoak says the price will be what they want.