FAO: Looch.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Fada Mach, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

And everybody else.

Wed, 25th, 9pm, MORE 4.

The antidote to the "Yeah I know it don't make sense, and all the evidence argues comprehensively against it, and it's so contrary of itself that only complete twits would believe, but, like, it's a matter of faith so there..."

I suspect it won't make any difference, but hey. After all, how can you argue against blind faith? You can argue most things, but not that.

As one witness to the horror of the Claudy bombings, who came across the limbless torso of one victim shortly before the second bomb went off and decapitated another person standing nearby, said, "It rained heavily the following day - it was as tho' gOD had sent the rain to wash away the blood..."

Well, lah-di-dah, you can at least rely on gOD to clean up hIS f**n' mess afterwards, can't you.

2. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Devs dear.

You can't help your cynical, atheist views any more than I can help my faith in Our Lord, Jesus.

The truth is, dear, that I don't have 'blind faith' - I have true faith and belief in the teachings of Our Lord. None of those atrocities in NI have shaken my belief in Jesus.

You might not believe in Jesus, dear - but I can tell you that He believes in you......

Lucia x

3. Palavamen

Palavamen New Member

4. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

I could help my completely uncynical atheist views, Looch - all it would take would be the remotest fragment of evidence to the contrary.

Whether you can help your true-but-blind faith in t'lord is another matter entirely - I simply cannot comment.

Yes, your faith is 'true' in that is clearly exists. Your faith, that is. That's what makes it blind.

Anyways, I do hope you'll watch the programme. I don't for a nano-second expect it'll make a jot of difference to the strength of your faith. But it should make it pretty clear that your - and everyone else's - faith is, indeed, blind as well as true.

5. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

But I don't have a telly, dear.......

Lucia x

6. juses

juses New Member

You can't help your cynical, atheist views any more than I can help my faith in Our Lord, Jesus.

No doubt that if you were born in Iran and brought up a moslem you would have equal faith that mohammed was the prophet of allah...funny that.
    I guess some people are easily impressed.

7. juses

juses New Member

I could help my completely uncynical atheist views, Looch - all it would take would be the remotest fragment of evidence to the contrary.

They've got lots of evidence mate.....it's all in the bible innit.

8. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Looch, I'm fluffing up some cushions for you as I type...

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

fada, good to see you back, i was a fraid you had become another victim of the axe that admin are swingin about indiscriminately, there are many casualties , may gOD keep you safe,

p.s have you become a member on another closely linked forum under the name of bluey ? if not, then your dad must have travelled up to lancashire at some stage,

10. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tha knerrrs blind faith were a reeeeeeet naff band cuz that Derek Clapton nidded a gud slap like, innnit.

11. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

neeeeeeeyyyy tha daft ape eth, he werr eric and the dominators, like,

12. don reed

don reed New Member

'CLAPTON IS GOD' tha knows!

13. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Nothing more revolting than a smug atheist. :(

14. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Says the forum professional troll juses aka itanje, sorry, mantor:^O

15. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

16. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

T'Tomplum, I was never away really (apart from a couple of weeks ago) - I just didn't find a thread worth replying to :(

Cameron Clegg - complete and utter bo!!ocks. The old 'Ooooh, you must have a closed mind if you won't even accept the possibility that there are spirits/an afterlife/divine powers/American Indian spooky stuff/et al'

It has been considered ad nauseam. It has been tested. It has been poked, prodded and fiddled with in every conceivable way. The rather nifty James Randi even cut to the chase and simply said 'show me any phenomenon that can be construed as 'supernatural' - unexplainable by basic science - and I'll hand over $1 million'.

It's been forced down our throats for 2+k years with an even more bizarre series of beliefs prior to that. It's ALL complete bo!!ocks, and the sooner it is relegated to the confines of the little book of curios the better.

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

To be replaced with?

18. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Mein Kampf?

19. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Chairman Mao's little black book?

20. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Communism?