'Fast' but not 'powerful' PC.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Sep 28, 2018.

1. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Sometimes a 2700x and a 1080ti just smashes the opposition, even at a resolution the Intel fan boys say Ryzen is **** at :D

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/final-fantasy-xv-bench.18810408/

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The Ryzen 2700X has a better memory controller than Intel cpu's, so using fast memory (using 32gb DDR4 3466mhz, not cheap) & tighter timings,improves overall performance even further:).

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Why didn't this thread go to 'Tech Talk', SFP added it for exactly this type of thread.:rolleyes:

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Don't worry KIAB, i have known that for a long time and think it is more than dealt with now. And that clock is with 4x8gb sticks (32gb). 3200 B-Die clocked to 3533 :D

[​IMG]

KIAB likes this.
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

:D Never mind Chip......................loads of stuff goes over all of our minds at various times..................you either know or you don't know.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Using a Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI board,very nice board,need to install latest BIOS update, so might squeeze a bit more fom pc.:)
    As to memory using DDR 4 T Force Dark Pro 3600mhz, (just checked box, it's faster than I thought).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

In that case KIAB, get it clocked up and let's see the results.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

All this is well over my head :)

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Yeah, I was seriously considering the Ryzen 7 2700X Gen 2 8 Core baby, but I wasn't sure if the Wraith Prism Cooler was the best way to... ohwhatthehellareyoulotonabout?

Look, I only want a wee PC, but thinking it might as well be half-decent, but not 'stupid'.

It MUST be small.
    It MUST have an SSD (256GB is fine)
    6GB RAM is fine. 8GB is gooder.
    Something along the i5 proc or equivalent.
    On-board graphics is fine - but I guess the option to go dedicated (see? I do know stuff...) in future would probably make sense. I guess that means the tiny Micros with no DVD are out?)

Let's say £500 to £600. More if it's worth it.

Where should I look?

Ta :)

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

12. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

DisplayPort. That's meant to be good? I'd rather HDMI, but they are 'compatible'?

To be used with a TV as a monitor.

14. HarDeBloodyHarHar

Cuts your options. Not all Tvs have DVI.

15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

But all have HDMI.

What do you think of that wee PC, tho'?

16. HarDeBloodyHarHar

But that PC has only DVI.

Allsorts likes this.
  17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA thinks DVi is something you get by flying on an aircraft. ;)

fillyboy likes this.
  18. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Below is the way i would go for what you want DA. The Ryzen 2200G is a much better CPU than any Intel offerings, for a start it's quad core, it's clocked higher and the onboard graphics blows Intel away.
    The motherboard has HDMI out, which will just connect to any modern TV (DVI will not connect to a modern TV).
    The system below will blow the Fujitsu system you linked to out of the water for less than £20 more.

[​IMG]

Allsorts and KIAB like this.
  19. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

20. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Allsorts -looking at your spec 9.35pm yesterday, have a look at Dells Vostro 3470SFF fairly small cvase, - i5, 8GB, 256 SSD £499 +VAT -

Allsorts likes this.