Faulty heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Del ferg, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

hi all,put heating on for first time after moving into new house and it's pumping over into the f/e tank and the systems full of air that I have been bleeding over the last 4 days,what could the causes be and does the pipe layout seem OK,thanks

Attached Files:

2. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

hi
    looking at the photo, the plumbing don't look good.
    looks a bit diy, and diy jobs, can lead to difficult problems.

basically you have air in the system, is my view.

good luck
    peter

3. Mike83

Mike83 Active Member

Also check pump speed. It may be set a bit high

4. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

Could this be sorted easily by a plumber

5. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

Have turned pump down to number 2 and its still pumping over

6. Mike83

Mike83 Active Member

On the underside of the pump (black plastic bit) there will be a selector switch. Turn this to speed 1 if it isn’t already so.
    Then test with heating on

7. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

Will try when I get home

8. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

Would this system work better if it was combined feed/vent or if it was sealed

9. Dennisplamer

Dennisplamer New Member

Sounds like you should consult expert to inspect and fix the faulty heating unit. I think that only expert can fix this issue in a better way.

10. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

If the system is gas or oil and all watertight, then sealing it is the best option. Although the boiler type must be compatible with a sealed system.
    You get no air absorbing and releasing into some radiators and less corrosion in a sealed system like you do in open vented

11. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Yes,as long as the boiler is suitable for that alteration ;). from the photo your feed and vent look combined already.

12. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

The system is pulling air in through the vent pipe, that's why you can't get all of the air out. Poor design and install, needs to be altered by a 'really' plumber.

13. Del ferg

Del ferg New Member

Thanks for all replies and have got someone having a look at the system on weds day