fence paint!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by plumface, Apr 10, 2004.

1. plumface

plumface New Member

the great mrs.plumface watched that bloody groundforce the other day and saw a painted fence "i want that,i want that". considering we have 22 panels to paint in believe it or not lavender/lilac any ideas were to get this paint/stain?

2. Plumbcrazy

Plumbcrazy New Member

Mmmmm lavender fence.... what colour is the bedroom PINK! Put your foot down with a firm hand, fences are not meant to be lavender. Tell her you've enquired and they only do green or brown, she'll get used to it.

3. plumface

plumface New Member

oh no she wont!! you wouldnt want to be on the bad end of her mouth!(perhaps you might!!!)

4. Plumbcrazy

Plumbcrazy New Member

Ok I understand your position, though I can't understand how you've got yourself in this situation... yes dear I'll just be a minute on the computer then I'll do the washing up... Sorry where was I, oh yes fences. You really want to stain a fence rather than paint it as it will no doubt have absorbed plenty of water over the winter/spring and paint will only trap the water til the summer sun bubbles the paint and it will look poop. I know you can get various colours and tints of stain but I've not come across such a colour as lavender. I would visit the garden centres etc even if just to get some manufacturers names, then contact them/ look up their www.
    Also depending on the type of fence, your neighbours may end up with lavender dribbles and runs down their side of the fence! Are you sure she can't be turned? Train a nice lavender Clemitus or something up the fence..... Good luck.

5. plumface

plumface New Member

thanx for the advice!she must be obeyed!

6. Plumbcrazy

Plumbcrazy New Member

Oh god!!! My wife's read this thread and thinks it's a great idea (Lavender stain in Homebase, she says) Thanks Plumface what have you done...