Fence panels

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by The Dormouse, Mar 8, 2008.

1. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

My neighbour & I had fence panels installed in concrete posts between our gardens about 9 years ago. I think they are overdue for respraying with preservative, but she has climbers entirely covering her side. If I have my side sprayed, will it do any good or will it be a waste of money?.

2. jockster

jockster New Member

Hiya Dormouse

Would have thought there was a greater need to spray her side. The climbers are probably keeping the panels wetter underneath.

Best to do this in early spring, it'll give the plants a chance to recover. Remove the climbers carefully from 1 panel at a time. If you can pull the panel out it'll help prevent overspray onto the posts.

Remember to paint on a calm day!

Jockster

3. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

IMO spraying (with anything) isn't going to make a significant difference to the life of the fence. If you want your side done for cosmetic reasons - go ahead - but brush/roller (spraying in situ will make a mess).

4. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Providing it's your fence of course.

5. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

Thanks jockster & GM. I'll try to get next door to lower her climbers but I'm afraid they have grown into the joins in the fencing. Maybe she'll cut them right down & allow them to regrow. Anyway I'll treat my side with a brush & hope for the best.