fern 2000w saw bench.

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by smed, Oct 24, 2003.

1. smed

smed New Member

i have just purchased the above saw and i have been getting problems with the dust collection covers.
    i have adjusted them up a few times but the problem still occurs. the problem i have is when i push the timber through the covers keep jamming and dropping into the blade slot which then stops the timber going through properly.
    the only way i have found to remedy this so far is by taking the dam thing off.
    so if there is any body out there with any solutions i would be glad to here from you.
    cheers smed.

2. fethiyeman

fethiyeman New Member

Hi Smed,
    Do you mean the Contractors 2000w saw,The white covers that drop in the aperture slot are blade protection covers only the black top with the hose connection is the dustcollector,this top is held with one screw and if not adjusted correctly allows the blade covers to to go into the aperture slot. to adjust,raise the blade fully,lift the black top up as far as it will go,tighten the single screw until the top won't drop when you take your hand away,very slowly slacken the screw off until the top suddenly drops.thats the correct adjustment.This saw for the money is really good, but really needs the mods and checks that i have done to mine to make it even better
    fethiyeman