Festool; vs. Mafell

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by mr.kitchen, May 8, 2007.

1. mr.kitchen

mr.kitchen New Member

Thinking of buying Ts55 or the Mafell equivalent.
    Anybody got a Mafell with the flexi rail?. Is it any good?
    Are Mafell as good as Festool? Tempted by them as the fold up rail and small saw look like a good idea. Cheers.

Mr K.

2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

i have festool as most people here know

i did have a mafell dowel jointer until it got knicked

mafell quality is as good as festool, the tools from both companies come in identical boxes

3. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Thinking of buying Ts55 or the Mafell equivalent.
    Anybody got a Mafell with the flexi rail?. Is it any
    good?
    Are Mafell as good as Festool? Tempted by them as the
    fold up rail and small saw look like a good idea.
    Cheers.

Mr K.

Mafell with the flexi rail is not big enough to cut 40mm worktops (cuts almost through but not quite) but is great for infills, cutting down plinths etc. I've also got a larger version with a solid guide rail. I wouldn't be without either of them. They have saved me so much time and money.

I tend to use my larger version for cutting worktops to length and to depth and for plunge cutting sink and hob apertures.

Stretch

4. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

I would go down the festool road simply because once started you have a wide choice of integrated tools. mafell make good tools but they do not have the breadth and depth of range festool have.

Shedmen

5. Wayne K

Wayne K New Member

I believe the new Mafell KSP 55 can work on the same flexi rail system as the KSP40 does.
    I have the KSP40 & as stretch says it will almost cut a 40mm top, so I was rather annoyed when I found this out.
    It is a beautfully engineered saw with loads of grunt, very compact & managable & nice cut, just a pity it would not just cut another couple of mm deeper.
    The KSP 55 with rail is around £90 cheaper than the Festool with the KSP40 just over £100 cheaper.I have never handled the festool, but I cannot see it being much better than the Mafell as it is a superp saw/system.

6. russ295

russ295 New Member

i have the ts55 and a ct midi extractor, also bought a 800mm rail.
    wouldnt be with out it, save so much time, virtualy dust free etc.......

by your post name a assume you fit kitchens, so if the maffel wont cut 40mm tops, its not much use to you, go for the festool you WONT be dissapointed!!

russ

7. mr.kitchen

mr.kitchen New Member

Thanks for your info. Thats what I thought the Mafell would do. I'll Mull it over this weekend and go and buy all of them, as being a kitchen fitter I'm on a monkey a day.
    Cheers K