Filling exterior drill holes

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Ding, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Can anyone share some tips for filling drill holes on exterior walls. I seem to go long periods without doing jobs where i've had to drill outside. I usually just seal the hole with a bit of silicone to stop the water getting in but I just end up using a tiny amount of the silicone tube which is ultimate gone off by the time I have my next job. Just wondered if there's any alternative like a putty or something where i don't have to open a fresh tube every job

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Readymix sand and cement.

3. Flame

Flame Member

i use external sealant, leave the nozzle on and ram a screw in it. usually lasting 6 months or so

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Place I moved into four years back, the previous owner had stuck what looks like some sort of ceramic smile face on the outside wall. Everyone liked it so it was left in situ. It looks like someone glued it on around the edge with what I can only assume is gripfill. It certainly does a very good job if that's what it is. Totally rock hard now and not going anywhere anytime soon.

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Exterior masonry filler in powder form. It's a sand and cement type of effort but seal box back up and it will last years. Drill/make brick dust from a spare brick... Dab waterproof Pva on.. Must be waterproof Pva dabbed on filler and blow the brick dust on.. Gone.. Can't see it.. Sorted