Fings Aint Wot They Used To Be

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by FagCardFreddie, Jul 30, 2016.

1. The last time I painted it was all Dulux (oil based) two undercoats/two gloss Brilliant White, brilliant finish but maybe a little yellowy over the years!
    But things have changed, and maybe so have I. Anyway I am doing some internal decorating with some MDF skirting/architrave and also some new wood on door frames etc and I would like a brilliant white (maybe eggshell or satin) finish. I have bought some water based undercoat and it is awful, I pee stronger stuff than that; I am on my third undercoat already and I can still see through it and I haven't even started on the top coat!!!!
    HELP ME PLEASE: What do I buy? Oil/Water? Dulux/Crown/Johnstones/B&Q/Homebase etc? Eggshell/Satin? As you know, this stuff is not cheap now and I have a lot to do, a whole flat, so I would like some professional or enthusiastic amateurs advise please to bring me into the 21st Century. Thank you.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I've found this to be brilliant on MDF.

images.jpg
    download.jpg