Finished floor options for shed on concrete

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by JustPhil, Sep 22, 2018.

1. JustPhil

JustPhil Active Member

Got concrete slab down for my workshop, approx 11’x14’ and looking at flooring options.

Was originally planning to keep a concrete floor like my last shed, but realised I could do better. will be using machinery and need a hard working surface. So just seal with PVA to keep dust down? Or an epoxy coating? Or screed it, then something else? Or, seeing as I haven’t even built the workshop yet, build a timber floor.

What’s the floor in your dream shed/workshop?

2. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

Conc and rubber mats.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  4. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I tiled the floor of my workshop, and it's now so easy to keep clean.

KIAB likes this.
  5. Richard_

Richard_ Screwfix Select

Firstly consider a levelling compound to give a nice smooth surface. It's two days of effort (one day write brush and prime, next day lay screed) but you'll appreciate it every time you use the workshop.

I've previously used two part epoxy paint. It's notionally water based although to be honest you bin the roller and brush afterwards. The other thing is to make sure you're properly ready to start because the open time is short - no faffing around!

I found Resin Building Products to be good on price and really helpful to work out quantities and advice on preparation and quantities. The colour was really important for my project, they make up the colour to order so you have a wide range of colours as standard.

https://www.resbuild.co.uk/categories/coatings-sealers/resbuild-wb-coating/

6. im going to use leyland trade heavy duty floor paint on my concrete floor