Firefox 8 Gas Stove switching off after ignition

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jay777, Nov 25, 2021 at 11:44 AM.

1. Jay777

Jay777 New Member

Hi,

I am having issue with Firefox 8 Gas Stove from Percy Doughty supplier. On turning the ignition on, the gas stove switches itself off after some time, in some cases after 10 mins or even after 2-3 hours.

The gas stove was fitted by Gas Safe Engineer and all the instructions had been followed.

The gas stove works perfectly fine when opening the door of the stove and doesn't switch itself off.

Is it possible that dust collected below the gas stove around the heath area could affect this?

2. exbg

exbg Active Member

How old is it?
    Has it been serviced?

DO NOT operate the fire with the door open

3. Jay777

Jay777 New Member

Never operated the gas stove with the door open but appreciate your advice.

It had happened few times when purchased new. When this started to happen regularly I had to clean the ignition contact then it works OK but the issue comes back after while.

4. exbg

exbg Active Member

Okay, but you still didn't answer the questions?

When you say the "ignition contact", do you mean the spark electrode? That being fault will inly affect the ignition, not the ability to stay alight. Or do you mean something else?

How do you know the fire operates perfectly with the door open, if you haven't used it with he door open? Bearing in mind that you say it might go off after 2 hours?

5. Jay777

Jay777 New Member

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. It is the contacts that become alight when you turn the ignition on. The flame on the contacts goes off after while.

I tried the gas fire with door open when purchased new and the property was empty at the time undergoing full renovation. But never opened the door after then...