Fitting a WiFi Thermostat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by doubleudee, May 13, 2019.

1. doubleudee

doubleudee New Member

Hi
    I'm not a plumber but a DIY'r, so wondering if any of you could help me out please.
    I have bought a static caravan and it has a 'Ariston E-Combi Evo - 24EU' boiler in it but this has a thermostat which is fitted to the boiler itself.
    I wuld like to change it for a WiFi one so I could put it in a more realistic place as the caravan is either boiling hot or freezing.
    I have looked at a 'Drayton +3RF' thermostat which comes complete with the reciever and the Thermostat, so could anyone please advise as to what wires go where and is there anything I should look out for.

I have electrical knowledge so no problems on that score (I worked underground as a mining electrician), it's just if I have to loop things across or anything.

Thanks

2. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

If you want a rf (wireless) not wifi Maybe ask these people https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=salus and ask them if the salus rt510bc will fit into your boiler. They have supplied me with loads of these units for other boilers..The bc part would normally just exchange the the existing integral time clock then its rf to the programmable thermostat.

Worth an enquiry ;)

3. doubleudee

doubleudee New Member

Thanks, it is RF i'm looking for, my bad.