Fitting Skirting Boards

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by mackie, Jun 1, 2013.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Tom we are behind the times, normal tradesmen are so far behind modern thinking. We are analogue people in a digital world. Everyone knows that bathrooms are old hat. Combination kitchens and bathrooms are so now. All quality jobs these days have the facility to microwave a readymeal while having a dump and surfing the net in the same room

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I've watched this forum for years, and it was a disgrace to the brand - the hosts have recently taken steps to improve things - so I joined - I don't have time or the inclination to banter or enlighten folks with anything else other than some help based on my experience

I expect nothing in return for my input here, so feel free to take what I offer or leave it, either way it's of no great concern to me

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

well in that case, I not listen/read thanks,

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Thank you oh wise one, let me cross your palm with silver for such erudite thoughts. Get a grip Sean, you have suggested an utterly preposterous method of installing skirts. Perhaps leave the advice on it to those who do it day in day out. Been at it all day today and will tomorrow. Will you? I would wager I will do more skirting this month than you will do in a year, or possibly in your life. Nothing personal, just you need to be pulled up for spouting such guff.

As for worrying about the future of the forum, it has been around a while you know. And why bring other issues and people into it? Because you are a *, that is why.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable personal comments

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Clearly is of interest to you, and you clearly do have the time and inclination to be bothered about it. Arrogance is a horrible trait. And rating yourself so highly when spouting guff like skirting over carpet is deluded. The appearance of knowledge you so clearly wish to portray isnt backed up by the reality sadly

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

lol ah if only you knew the reality GB

7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

GB, I have no inclination to engage with you in such an offensive manner, so perhaps you would just ponder this fact

you have contributed 1,134 post and have gained 394 points

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Reality of what? Reality of how bad practice it is to skirt as you suggest? Or the reality that t,internet is full of deluded idiots convinced of their own importance and ability.  Myself, no mystery, simple carpenter/joiner who does the best work he can and enjoys offering advice and enjoying conversation with like minded souls. And not averse to having a pop at those I think are chucking their weight around and bullying. I have done it for a long long time on here and will carry on long after you have got bored and found yourself somewhere to pick on people. I have few run-ins on here but you have a particularily nasty way about you that creates an unpleasant atmosphere.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Relevance of which is what? Ask how many people on here have time for me. Surprised if you will find a single person who will have anything bad to say about me. The nearest to any issue I have had is with Handy and there is a respect between me and him(at least from my side:)). Not sure you would get the same feedback really.

I suppose you probably arent aware that the points system hasnt always been around it has only been on a few years. I have heard you try and justify your contribution on here using that before, isnt really a strong argument bearing in mind I really dont care how many points or medals I have. There are not many who have been contributing as long as I have. Come and talk to me about contribution to a forum when you have done getting on for 10 years on here rather than a matter of months.

10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

lets leave it there .........

11. PLEASE.

Tsk tsk - peeps who come on here for an argument... sigh.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

No problem Sean.

13. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

sorry Dad

14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Like two broken pencils fighting - there's just no point to it.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Dev, GB, Sean and HA all in a line, are the brothers?

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Even a broken pencil has a point Handy, it might only be half the size but it still works, it can accurately mark carpet you know.

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I would be putting myself up for adoption if that were the case, even be looking for a bed in a Romanian childrens home, anything

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well, that'll save me having to bother!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

19. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Ok, which one of you scrofulitic troublemakers put my answer us as the 'correct answer' ??
    If I ever find out who it is..........he is in trouble...and the Lady of the house is quite peeved as well.
    The last thing I need is to have my street cred trashed !...........
    RS

20. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    sorry sean, but it is quite obvious that you know very little about this subject, the 'we all have our own ways of doing something' doesn't wash here, in respect to talking to people who know how this should be done, and not how  they think it should be done, i guess you will try to reason for the 45 degree internal joint in skirtings issue if you want to ye ha around fitting skirting on to carpets, leave it out john wayne,