Fix additional radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Maurest, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Maurest

Maurest New Member

I need to extend c/h system to a new radiator in toilet. Is there a way of tee-ing off existing pipes into plastic 15mm pipes to the new rad in a manner similar to washing machine plumb-in kits that do not require drain down and will simply screw onto existing pipework?

2. RH

RH New Member

If you are referring to the self-cutting taps that you clamp to a pipe and tighten?
    The hole that these cut is quite small, and works fine for mains pressure but I wouldn't have thought that they would give you enough flow in a pumped system.

A can of pipe freezer will allow you to open the pipes up and work on them without draining the system down.

3. Maurest

Maurest New Member

Many thanks for your reply

4. boris the blade

boris the blade New Member

copper pipe would look much better IMO than using plastic pipe, and if you dont want to solder the joints you could use commpresion joints instead, and like brian says you can freeze the pipes if you dont want to drain the system.

5. boris the blade

boris the blade New Member

..and if you dont want to use compression fittings you could use the push fit cupro fittings,...but i think a proper soldered joint looks the best though!