Fixing huge gaps in a shed

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Paul-TheNovice, May 12, 2018.

1. Paul-TheNovice

Paul-TheNovice New Member

Hello,

So last weekend in the sunshine i finally cleared out the shed or playhouse as my wife calls it. We had not used it since we moved it and it looks like its sat idle for a few years.

I wanted to ask what are the best ways to waterproof/fix the holes. The panels are solid but just with huge gaps (as can be seen in the pictures) and also there are plenty of other parts between the roof/walls with holes. I guess i can do that with waterproof bathroom filler but the large panels?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. mr moose

mr moose Active Member

Fix plywood on the inside and then clear silicon or a matching acrilic sealant in the gaps on the outside.

3. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

Get thin ply and cut or get it cut as that what I would do sourced from local hardware store You can treat it with clear primer preserver if you want and stick on. Tack wood quadrant around edge to help hold in place if required. Cheap enough

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

If you use any silicone product you wont get a stain or treatment to adhere/absorb properly in future.

5. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

6mm ply. 12mm screws and grind off any that make it through. Scrap quadrant idea thinking about it.

6. Josh.91

Josh.91 Member

Foam. Everytime.

7. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

Sunlight will turn it to dust

Astramax likes this.
  8. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Re-clad the outside. Feather edge board, same stuff they use for fencing.