Flexi connector

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by james4936, Feb 25, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I used one of those in January to fit a toilet in a small under stairs cloakroom, never again, had issues with the cheap B & Q toilet so had to take the beggar out at least three times to resolve those issues. Because it was close coupled I had to undo the cistern each time and lift to undo the end of the flexi, had it been a separate flexi attached to the isolator, piece of cake, undo at the isolator end in a quarter of the time.

just pumps likes this.
  2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Can understand that....in this particular case.
    And also the case for a fixed bolo valve in pipework....if that what turns you ..on...or off...;)
    Rs

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Many flexible reinforced hose connectors are just designed to have a slight offset not right angles,like any product there are many dubious imports around.

Just need to install them to the instructions supplied ;)

retiredsparks likes this.
  4. BoilermanNI

BoilermanNI New Member

The point I would raise is is it WRAS approved? If not illegal to be fitted as it could be a cheap Chinese import they can be dangerous.

Does you property have a PRV to control the pressure on the pipe work if a combi as these can blow during the night wrecking the place.

I doubt he has the skills to pipe it in copper maybe the main problem but no doubt he was cheap!

Water regs state there should be a service valve, but the cheap ones are more or less a straight connector as once you turn the slot the water that was ******* out above then ****** out round the slot.