Flexi Tap Connectors

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PhiltheBear, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. PhiltheBear

    PhiltheBear New Member

    I'm about to refit a kitchen. 99% of the plumbing is no problem but things seem to have changed since I last plumbed in a tap (about 20 years ago). The new tap I have is a mixer and has two tails of copper pipe fitted (15mm). I presume that I need a couple of 15mm flexible tap connectors to join these to the water supply and I'd prefer to use the Speedfit type rather than compression fittings. I've never used flexible tap connectors before - would I be correct in assuming that these simply come with Speedfit connectors at both ends? (I know that sounds like a daft question but I really don't know). Also, some connectors are specified as 15mm x 1/2" and some as 15mm x 3/4". Can someone explain the difference?

    Thanks, Phil
  2. britishblue

    britishblue New Member

    The tails attached to the mixer are usually fairly easily bent, so you shouldn't need flexible hoses. You can connect your straight push-fit connectors directly between the tap tails and your pipework (or use compression fittings).

  3. PhiltheBear

    PhiltheBear New Member

    The only reason I need the flexi connectors is because of an access problem, so I have to go that way :(

    Looking through the Speedfit range I can only see a 300mm flexi connector with valve - presumably that's what I need?

  4. britishblue

    britishblue New Member

  5. PhiltheBear

    PhiltheBear New Member

    Thought so. Thanks for your help

  6. devils advocate

    devils advocate New Member

    Just to complicate matters, you might be interested in items 27936 & 91351.

    These are flexible tap connectors, but which screw <u>directly</u> into your tap after the existing copper tails are unscrewed. Most kitchen mixer/monobloc taps have 'unscrewable' tails.
  7. Howie

    Howie New Member

    Try SF14767. These are called pipe repair tails. 300mm long with push fit connections at both ends.
  8. PhiltheBear

    PhiltheBear New Member

    Thanks all - I've gone with the flexible connectors with valves as it saves aggro later when changing tap washers. I am indebted to you all for your advice.


  9. rocketron

    rocketron New Member

    Sometimes when you change a monoblock kitchen tap it is easier to use flexible hoses, if you use the copper tails supplied cut 1/2" off the ends so a speadfit fitting is not damaged by sharp edge, use isolating valves so if you have a leak you dont have to rush upstairs to turn off the hot valve.
  10. rocketron

    rocketron New Member

    Have read your last post tell me how flexible hoses make it easier to change a tap washer
  11. DIY_Bob

    DIY_Bob New Member

    flexible connectors with valves

Share This Page