Flexible copper pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Garak112, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Garak112

Garak112 Member

I’m trying to fit my shower and need to put in some compound bends in to my pipe work to join to where the pipe ends were left in the wall (1m off the floor and capped in the stud wall).

I’ve struggled to get the bends right with my pipe bending tool and came across this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-copper-plumbing-stick-15-x-x-300mm/61598#

Is this any good or a bit of a bodge? It’s not bs marked and doesn’t have wras approval so I wasn’t convinced.

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Why not use JG Speed fit or similar.

Garak112 likes this.
  3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

To use those you will have to use compression fittings which would the be burried in a wall, not the best idea, same goes with pushfit and Speedfit is probably the worst of all the brands, safest option is a soldered joint if thats not a option find a plumber who uses press fit.

RobJamesHeating and Garak112 like this.
  4. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

1. No reason you shouldn't use those "bendable" copper sticks and use soldered couplers at each end.
    2. But yes, it is a bit of a bodge in my opinion.
    3. Hard to say without seeing what the compound bends are, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't do it with copper tube and fittings.

Garak112 likes this.
  5. Garak112

Garak112 Member

If I can lay my hands on some 45 degree angles (or 135 degree as they are called in some places) I might be able to concoct something.

Didn’t have stock locally when I check today.

6. JOMEL

JOMEL Active Member

HI
    A Spring to bend the 15mm

Jomel

Garak112 likes this.
  7. Garak112

Garak112 Member

Woke up this morning and had another go. I managed to get it done using a few solder ring angles instead of buying the flexi copper.

nigel willson likes this.