Flushvalve dribble

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by How?, Sep 18, 2008.

1. How?

How? New Member

I have a flush valve in a WC that allows water to leak past into the pan.
    I have replaced the washer, but it still dribbles a bit into the pan. Any ideas?

it is an armitage shanks, with a top push button.

many thanks,

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Make and model of valve? Some Grohe dump valve are known to blister. Is the seat clean? Is it adjusted properly?

3. Bonedry

Bonedry New Member

Check to see if there is any debris on the valve seating?

Also check that the housing that is fixed to the base of the cistern is not cracked.

4. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

many thanks,

I've had this problem myself, replacing the washer ought to cure the problem but it doesn't!
    I've then changed the whole flush valve (sometimes you can change just the top part) and hey presto it cured the problem!

I think A.S. use the "Moorland" flush valve which you can get from B&Q.

Just a thought - is the valve shutting off before it reaches the outlet?

5. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

This happened to me and I changed the top part. Problem was aforementioned crack in the threaded fitting n the bottom part.

6. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I have found that on certain WC Cisterns, the flush valve lifts when you put the cistern lid on, which means the push button rods need cutting as they are too long.

7. How?

How? New Member

There is less dribble with the new washer, and the seat is clean. There is no debris around. It was OK until recently, so adjustments and push rods should be OK. Any other ideas?