ford connect

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by tightenit, Sep 28, 2009.

1. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Anyone use one of these? I'm looking at a tdci lwb just now - 03 plate.Any experiences greatly appreciated before I go ahead.

2. mrtutz

mrtutz Member

3. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Thanks thats very helpful. Got to test drive it and not overly impressed. Better sticking with old faithful. T cut does wonders for an old van you know.

4. handymanforhire

handymanforhire New Member

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that left you underwhelmed? I'm looking at one of these around the same vintage as well, so I'd be interested to hear what put you off ;)

TIA, Pete.

5. tightenit

tightenit New Member

The one I tried had 103k on the clock and priced at 3.2k. Very clean and tidy but the electrical gimmicks were not for me. Drove like a van but I didn't need the height nor the length for my sort of work.Decided to spend a bit on mine to bring it up to MOT pass for 2 hundred quid.Glad I did, better the van you know than the one that shines.
    Genuinely not a bad drive but my other choice would have been a decent spec Berlingo - felt solid and wide. Good luck.

6. handymanforhire

handymanforhire New Member

Thanks for that. Know what you mean about the electrical odds & ends - just more stuff to wrong isn't it - and there's a lot to be said for the devil you know...

Not fussed about the height myself, but the extra length would come in handy for me. Hopefully getting a closer look at one over the weekend - no time in the week!

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time.

Cheers, Pete