Forthcoming 2391!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by marc the spark, May 26, 2004.

1. marc the spark

marc the spark New Member

Im taking the 4 day 2391 at the end of june, would appreciate some advice from any spark who s done it and can tell me what to look out for in particular, Thanks in advance, Marc

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Hi marc

I have no experience of the 2391 (yet!!) but I wish you every success mate. Just keep your cool and use your knowledge and initiative is the best advice I can give. I am sitting 236 Part 2 on 16 and 17 June btw. Good luck.

Roy

3. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

I have done the 2391 I+T its a cracking course to get under your belt,a little harder than the 2381 16th edition but my advice,be cool and look for the obvious first,when inspecting.

SF

4. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Alot to learn if you have no experiance of testing. But this course is a must for electricians these days. The failure rate is high, but dont let this put you off. There are a lot of procedures to learn, and sequences etc, its a lot to take in on such a short course.

Good luck, mine was a 6 week course, one evening a week. Sounds like yours will be farily intense :(

5. andyspark

andyspark Active Member

I did mine as 6 half day seesions over 6 weeks.
    It will be a fairly intense 4 days.

Get hold of plenty of past papers before the theory test and go through these.
    I didn't find the practical too bad. We had half a day in the morning getting some 'hands on' and then the assessment in the afternoon.

Obviously the Guidance Note is a 'must have'.
    Good luck!

6. sparky01

sparky01 New Member

marc i am doing a 3 day then taking my exam on the forth night, in the middle of june, good look mate

the practical is ok cos i did a 1 day hands on.

7. ChubbyPhaseWire

ChubbyPhaseWire New Member

Im taking the 4 day 2391 at the end of june, would
    appreciate some advice from any spark who s done it
    and can tell me what to look out for in particular,
    Thanks in advance, Marc

Where are you taking the course marc?

8. ChubbyPhaseWire

I have done the 2391 I+T its a cracking course to get
    under your belt,a little harder than the 2381 16th
    edition but my advice,be cool and look for the
    obvious first,when inspecting.

SF

BE COOL, wot wear sunglasses and a baseball cap back to front,that is cool man, lol.

9. ChubbyPhaseWire

Hi marc

I have no experience of the 2391 (yet!!) but I wish
    you every success mate. Just keep your cool and use
    your knowledge and initiative is the best advice I
    can give. I am sitting 236 Part 2 on 16 and 17 June
    btw. Good luck.

Roy

HI UP When you do your 2391 contact

http://www.ElectricalTraining.co.uk

Tell them Chubby sent you,and you might get a discount.
    They guarantee you to PASS or resit free of charge

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Thanks CPW. Have saved the link on my "favourites"..
    How's life treating you? I'm on a bl00dy emotional rollercoaster. Just finished first years trading and a lot wiser for it! Need to review tactics and get sorted on the jobs...not busy enough...doing stuff too cheap...doing too many small jobs...etc etc.

11. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

Thanks CPW. Have saved the link on my "favourites"..

Before you actually use them you might like to know that they've been asking questions on DIYnot like
    Now if you want to spend your hard earned cash with an organisation that knows its stuff so well that it is asking questions like that on a <u>DIY forum</u>, go ahead. If it were me I'd be very concerned about their competence.

12. marc the spark

marc the spark New Member

Hi chubbs, not sure where the course is to be honest! I live in kent but the firm I work for is in norwich so I cover all the work down here, I was selected to be put on the 2391 following an internal assessment of the companys testing procedure, 3 of us were chosen from a possible 29, seven were dismissed and the remainder are still just about getting by! If the 3 of us pass, we will be going out on site to train the remainder.

Thanks for the advice lads!

13. Rabbit Rabbit

Rabbit Rabbit New Member

2391 was the easiest exam I have ever taken. No I lie the PAT exam was (which a monkey, let alone a rabbit can pass).

The paper will consist of some 30 Q's quick answer type stuff then if I recall 5 harder Q's. You CAN pass on the quickies and a sort of half answer on the "harder" Q's

I think the one-one-one tests with the lecturer were harder!! Coz he went out of his way to be a B**d. Nice guy though and knew his stuff OK!

Best of luck, I know ya will pass mate so not probs a bit of homework and ya will be OK

RR

14. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

BE COOL, wot wear sunglasses and a baseball cap back
    to front,that is cool man, lol.

Nah I am cooler than that Chubs, i wear welding goggles,a hard hat back to front that is damn cool man

15. ChubbyPhaseWire

BE COOL, wot wear sunglasses and a baseball cap
    back
    to front,that is cool man, lol.

Nah I am cooler than that Chubs, i wear welding
    g goggles,a hard hat back to front that is damn cool
    man

LMFAO
    YMCA YMCA....

16. Rabbit Rabbit

Rabbit Rabbit New Member

lol CPW - baseball hats on backwards! that's the plumbing section isn't it?