Forum access.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by The Dormouse, Sep 1, 2008.

1. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

Screwfix have opened access to these forums to all their customers whether trade or not for many years now. I hope they won’t feel intimidated by groups like the Puller gang into discriminating against members who don’t meet the gang specifications.

Screwfix could make a start by cutting the ground from under the feet of these take-over merchants by replacing the word ‘trade’ from the welcome introduction by ‘skill’ & changing the forum titles from ‘Plumbers Forum’ (for instance) to ‘Plumbing Forum’.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I like that idea(plumber's to plumbing). That lets diyers in too.

Struggling to find a word like 'Electricking' though. :)

Mr. Handyandy - really

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Doesn't Joe public know they can use all SF facilities?

I thought the trade thing was to let them know they are getting a reasonable price (at times)?

:)

4. von trappe

von trappe New Member

Well said Dormouse, it's good to hear that others are as frustrated with the current situation.

5. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

Good point Handy, I'm thinking about that.

Ext15 I was referring only to the welcome introduction, which is being intrepreted as meaning that non-trade members are unwelcome.

6. von trappe

von trappe New Member

What about electrics?

7. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

What about electrics?
    <u>_________________________________</u>

That's the inspiration I needed! The Electrical Forum.

I think the others are straightforward, except that Carpenting doesn't sound quite right.

8. von trappe

von trappe New Member

What about woodworkers or joinery?

9. G Brown

G Brown New Member

..and Just Talk could be renamed " Dull & Grumpy Dormouse Talk "

10. tonynoarm

tonynoarm New Member

What about electrics?

'Forum for advice on Electrics'

'Forum for advice on Kitchen Fitting'

'Forum for advice on Plumbing'

etc

11. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

What about woodworkers or joinery?

Well done again! I'll go for Woodworking Forum beacause it includes my standard of DIY, which is making things out of wood rather than carpentry or joinery.

12. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

..and Just Talk could be renamed " Dull & Grumpy Dormouse Talk "

Or 'The coruscating wit of G.Brown'

13. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Dull, Grumpy and Sarcastic ?

14. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

a word to the wise,,,,plumbers run the plumbers forum, not s/f, without us there would be no furom. we give advise to all freely, if we all pulled out, you would be left with van* to advise you, and the sale of mop and buckets would rise ,

[Edited by: admin]

15. von trappe

von trappe New Member

Is this the start to a new improved forum? I hope so email the powers that be the idea, if enough do it they may take note.

Wonder how the master puller is in Germany LOL, hope he got the sack.

16. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

a word to the wise,,,,plumbers run the plumbers forum, not s/f, without us there would be no furom. we give advise to all freely, if we all pulled out, you would be left with van bollix to advise you, and the sale of mop and buckets would rise ,

A word to the dim.

Your statement that plumbers run the plumbers forum not screwfix is typically arrogant nonsense. The forum is open to all freely, & the plumbing hierarchy has no say in the matter. It would only take the flick of a switch to silence you all.

Let me try to explain the problem in simple terms that even a TS&#146;er can understand.

If Puller & Co. have their way, all DIY&#146;ers etc. will be excluded from this forum, leaving alleged trade plumbers with only each other to patronise, insult & jeer at. If they go off to sulk, no one will notice.

Your mop & bucket fun doesn&#146;t disguise the fact that the vast majority of DIY jobs are successful & therefore uninteresting, which is why we don&#146;t hear about them. The scare stories of floods & explosions nearly all apply to professional failures. Remember Ronan Point.

Howzat for grumpy?.

17. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Howzat for grumpy?. .. very good for an old codger ;)

But Tom is right, people from all backgrounds come on here to get advice, often very good advice. Without the plumbers there would not be anything like the same quality of advice..or abuse!

Now stop taking it so seriously and get a sense of humour!

18. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

But Tom is right, people from all backgrounds come on here to get advice, often very good advice. Without the plumbers there would not be anything like the same quality of advice..or abuse!

My point is that people from all backgrounds should continue to come on to the Plumbers forum. Without them there would be no quality of advice, just a mutual admiration society.

19. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

and they do...so what's your point?

20. â„ 

â„  New Member

I have a point. I don't think it's fair that as there's no law that says you can't pour kumquat juice over a policeman's helmet, however, if you did, you'd be nicked for pouring kumquat juice over a copper's helmet.

The law is a rump.