Forum bickering

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by wiggy, Nov 10, 2016.

?

Do you think there is too much forum bickering

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. lets all meet up and have a proper barny

14.3%
  4. HA loves DA

21.4%
  5. Agree to disagree

28.6%
  6. Who do you think you're talking to son

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I did not ask that the 'brexit' discussion should stop.

I asked out of respect for jj, that the arguing about the 'if its true' comments stopped.

Since then, all that has happened is I am being told my request for respect(not for myself) is not only misplaced, but ironic and hypocritical.

2. Mr. Handyandy

No I did not. Now you go read it again!

3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Well this didn't go to plan hahahahahahaha or should it lololololol just in case I offend someone

4. Thanks, JJ - and you should know that you aren't being used as the excuse for any argument.

A very pertinent point - people are too ready to feel 'offence' on behalf of others these days. It's very true, especially in religious circles. Darn it - I mean in Islamic circles... :)

Sorry to here there's fall-out from the family loss, beyond what simply should be sorrow at a far-too-soon departure.

Warmest wishes, JJ.

5. I have read it many times.

To ensure i had not made reference to any comments by jj.

Your comment was made after personal insults were made at me. it was not in referrnce to anything else.

I will argue for ever, if i need to, when i believe myself to be right.

You made the move, you mentioned the bickering.

I dont recall you asking for any apology on my behalf

6. Ok, Mr Ha.

(And I have asked, but hell won't have me... :oops:)

7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Now I know how Hillary felt, no ones voting

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, I've always said at work (when a patient passes away) "Where there's a will, there's usually bickering relatives." (there's no will in our case, but oh boy there's plenty of bickering (more so from one family member) Doing my bloody head in, as I'm trying to maintain some semblance of normality. :confused:

9. You mentioned he didn't control his condition as well as he should have, is the bickering about this?

You'd think that the loss of someone so young should have shocked everyone to silence (a fine thing on this forum...)

10. Mr. Handyandy

Sorry jj. Seems I stirred up a hornets nest by offering my condolences and support.

I merely thought that it was disrespectful to argue about what chippie said or meant while you were going through it. All I asked was that they stop this bickering about that subject.

Seems I am unworthy to even mention the word 'respect'.

I've been there jj, you can believe it is genuine.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Well JOT, read from here, and realise(where you said that jj's announcement was not referred to again) the discussion WAS indeed about such
    http://community.screwfix.com/threads/brexit-who-is-laughing-now.183071/page-44#post-1456427

And that my request came at the end of that sequence of posts.

Then tell me it wasn't about jj and chippies posts.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Nah, in many ways I wish it was though. Won't go into details, except to say "The vulture is circling." (but the vulture ain't gonna get anything but slim pickings)

PS, post mortem was carried out on Tuesday, but the results are inconclusive. His body has been released and an interim death certificate issued. They are now conducting toxicology tests on tissue, blood and urine samples taken at the PM. Hopefully know more in the coming weeks. Just hoping it doesn't go to the coroners court for a full inquest (although both me and the wife are preparing for such an eventuality)

13. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Wiggy, this thread did not go as planned. Haha
    The brexit thread was interesting at the start, when points were discussed for both sides. I voted and stand by the belief we would be better in the EU, but also respect the fact that while I do not agree with the leavers, when they can discuss their reasons as to why they voted that way, I can reason. The Brexit thread turned into a personal insult warzone, and losts its purpose to discuss why we voted the way we did.
    Yes there is a lot of bickering as a result of that thread.

14. I know there's little you can say on here, because - unlike most of us - you have not kept your ID particularly secret!

How is the boy - your step-grandson?

15. Of course your sympathies to JJ are genuine, Mr Ha. I haven't questioned that at all, am not doing so now and never will.

You know exactly what I am questioning, and that's your self-imposed 'admin' role on here, telling the rest of us to stop bickering so as to respect JJ's unfortunate situation.

Mr Ha telling the rest of us to stop bickering. That's quite something.

Especially as it was only you who decided that this aspect of the thread was particularly disrespectful, amongst all the other mud-slinging.

I noticed, for example, you didn't directly challenge the likes of Phil or Scott for their readiness to jump on Chippie. When that also came across as inappropriate self-righteous posturing and, in one case at least, pretty darned foul.

And if I needed further evidence as to the full motive behind your sanctimonious "STOP IT NOW!" post, it's how you virtually imploded as soon as I challenged you, and have now spread your phony hurt and faux-indignation over three threads. THREE. And all about you.

I will grant you, Mr Ha, that there may have been an element of a genuine wish for 'that' bickering to stop. But that doesn't justify you coming on here and demanding we do so. I am also pretty certain that part of your brain told you you could 'get away' with this morally-superior posturing - how could anyone question me on this?!

I am also pretty darned certain that, by now, you will have totally and utterly convinced yourself that you were 100% wrong done by here (hence it being spread over three threads... ). There will now be no question in your mind at all that you made that "STOP IT!" post only for the true concern for someone else, and not any sense of posturing self-gratification.

Why can I say this? Because you, Mr Ha, more than anyone else on this forum AT ALL (now that Wry has disappeared...) have the ability to keep on arguing the most crazy and ridiculous points waaaay past the point of reason. You have never ever conceded an issue, regardless of how patently obvious it was that you were talking complete nuts.

I hope that clears things up.

I have said - a few posts above - that I am happy to stop this now. It is up to you. Believe me when I say that there's is no amount of tortured woe you can spread on here that'll somehow suddenly paint you in a different light to the one you have built up over your many years on here.

(On a similar 'intellectually dishonest' note, the more you call me 'scum' and worse, the more I realise you actually have repressed love for me.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
    Deleted member 164349 and Joe95 like this.

16. Firstly, read it properly, start on the previous page ! And read what is said, and by who. To give you a clue, they are being very quiet since then!

Secondly, i sent my genuine feelings and comments to jj, do I need to show you the thread to prove it!

Thirdly, I didnt want you to not report the thread, I actively encouraged you to do so. I don't think you did, not sure why!

Fourthly, I was unaware you were the moral guardian, others have feelings too

Finally, its time to STOP THIS THREAD. If anyone has used a sad set of circumstances to be "more injured" than anybody else, its you !

17. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I don't think there is any need to report posts, screwfix peter is well aware of the content of this forum, I met him at screwfix live last year at farnbourgh, sponged a roll up off him, very nice man, I think we may become lovers in the future.

koolpc likes this.
  18. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

138 views and 7 votes, someone is not getting involved.

VOTE

19. koolpc

koolpc Screwfix Select

lol

20. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Did you vote kp, I know where you live, Im at the window, Ive got no clothes on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.