Forum Support forum will not load - sometimes

Discussion in 'Support' started by chesterw, Jun 11, 2022.

1. chesterw

chesterw Well-Known Member

I have a problem with my laptop. Works perfectly on all sites, but on the forum sometimes will not load. It's been ok for weeks, but yesterday evening wouldn't load for about 3 hours, then it was ok for 3 or 4 hours and stopped again around midnight. This morning Saturday was ok.then failed then ok again, so I'm sure its not caused by a busy internet.
    Switching laptop off and on again usually works, but I have also had to use system restore. Any ideas

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Have you paid your subscription fee?...........forward it to me, I'll sort it for you. :)

Bazza-spark and CGN like this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Try logging out and back in forum if you get trouble.
    Sometimes while admin is going on things go funny but not noticed any problems

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Because of the intermittent nature of your problem, i have a theory of what it could be @chesterw.
    An OS update download along with a sluggish download speed will cause websites to load very slowly, or not at all. Someone else on your home network streaming content along with a sluggish download speed will have the same effect as well.

5. chesterw

I've found the problem, my laptop intermittenly thinks theres something wrong with screwfis securitycertificate, so i have cleared browsing data and cache, and it will then connect, but if I leave the site and return the problem returns - any ideas

6. chesterw

Refused to connect again, so I've disconnected my LAN and connected to wifi, here I am again after another 23 minutes messing around.

7. chesterw

THink I found a work round, delete cookies and then sign in, but I would still like to understand and permanently fix

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Try a different browser. Firefox or brave. Edge or chrome

9. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

@chesterw I use Firefox and have it set to clear cookies and browsing history on exit, don't have any problems accessing the site if that helps.

10. chesterw

Got fed up with it and went for the nuclear option, reinstalled win 10, and in the process found my C drive had over 60GB of rubbish files, took over 4 hours to delete them. I think that was the cause of the erratic behaviour, and the slow speed was too slow for the secure connection to the forum - hopefully its fixed.

Bazza-spark and Wayners like this.
  11. chesterw

Told my secretary to send you a cheque for £5, she mistakenly sent a cheque for £500, please return the £495, thank you

Astramax likes this.