Framed kitchen advice

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by yorkshireboy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. yorkshireboy

yorkshireboy Member

I have a Howdens kitchen, with the frames which attach to the cabinet fronts, to fit.
    Never fitted one before so any advice welcome.
    As the frames are bigger than the cabinets,do I overhang them at the bottom or equally top and bottom?

2. gint

gint Member

keep frames flush with top of unit with overhang at bottom.
    tip, :- its easier to fit plinth before fitting frames

3. unspoken

unspoken New Member

Yeah, flush at top overhang at bottom. They are same as MFI Kelmscott. Watch out for the dishwasher door fitting if you have to do one, they can be tricky as they are longer than a normal door and can often restrict the opening of the door, by striking the dishwasher. I had to lower a dishwasher once and raise the door up to enable fitting.

4. Top kitchen fitter

Top kitchen fitter New Member

Yeah bit of a tricky one but once you done one there pretty easy to do...
    best advise is like unspoken said... keep frame up to underside of work top and bottom hangs down...
    the doors are 600mm -500mm wide exack so frames have to be butted up against each other ( not sure I like that bit ) but I fit a few haworth oak framed and once all finished it looks a great kitchen...

Dishwasher door is a bit tricky as normal door has gap between top of door and under side of work top - but design of framed is to fix it flush with top of base units / work top..you may have to drop frames down a little so top of dishwasher door don't catch... I always start from dishwasher door and work around it cos thats the most awkward...
    best of luck anyway.........

5. festfool

festfool New Member

my advice use some gripfill on the frame so it doesent fall off....uuummmmm