Franke Filterflow problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DGB, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DGB

DGB Member

I have a Franke Filterflow Kubus tap. I needed to change the aerator at the end of the spout; no problem as spares are available.

When removing the aerator the flexible tube which runs the length of the spout is rotten and in pieces.

I have tried all over but this part (a flexible plastic tube about 5mm diameter and 40cm long is not available and I have been advised to buy a new tap - £500-800!

Any ideas? I have tried Franke, GRL direct and Triflow concepts.

David

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

How old is tap, what about a warrenty claim for tap,or sales of goods act,being fit for purpose.

3. DGB

DGB Member

Hi - probably 10-12 years old.

4. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Pipe done well to last 10+ years.
    Can you not replace tube some equivalent silicone tube/pipe which is usually good for around 200C(392F) degrees.

5. DGB

DGB Member

I suspect that will be the answer. I then have to work out how to take the spout apart to attach at the base end!

6. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Iirc the spout (with internal edpm tube) needs to be exchanged,getting the correct item can have its difficulties :mad:

them taps are often sold under other names,in the past have sourced a spout from mainlaind europe. Think the part was franke cn145 Still costly but that was what the customer wanted :D.

:mad:taps

7. DGB

DGB Member

After a lot of e-mails discovered that Perrin and Rowe can supply the spout only for £179. That's a lot of money when all that is faulty is the central silicon tube.

Has anyone removed the base (tap mount end) of a Triflow spout to connect this tube? Problem is if it goes wrong the tap takes three 2-3 weeks to 'make'.

Thanks again