Franke Filterflow problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DGB, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DGB

DGB Member

I have a Franke Filterflow Kubus tap. I needed to change the aerator at the end of the spout; no problem as spares are available.

When removing the aerator the flexible tube which runs the length of the spout is rotten and in pieces.

I have tried all over but this part (a flexible plastic tube about 5mm diameter and 40cm long is not available and I have been advised to buy a new tap - £500-800!

Any ideas? I have tried Franke, GRL direct and Triflow concepts.

David

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

How old is tap, what about a warrenty claim for tap,or sales of goods act,being fit for purpose.

3. DGB

DGB Member

Hi - probably 10-12 years old.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Pipe done well to last 10+ years.
    Can you not replace tube some equivalent silicone tube/pipe which is usually good for around 200C(392F) degrees.

5. DGB

DGB Member

I suspect that will be the answer. I then have to work out how to take the spout apart to attach at the base end!

6. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Iirc the spout (with internal edpm tube) needs to be exchanged,getting the correct item can have its difficulties :mad:

them taps are often sold under other names,in the past have sourced a spout from mainlaind europe. Think the part was franke cn145 Still costly but that was what the customer wanted :D.

:mad:taps

7. DGB

DGB Member

After a lot of e-mails discovered that Perrin and Rowe can supply the spout only for £179. That's a lot of money when all that is faulty is the central silicon tube.

Has anyone removed the base (tap mount end) of a Triflow spout to connect this tube? Problem is if it goes wrong the tap takes three 2-3 weeks to 'make'.

Thanks again