Fridge door attachment(integrated)

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Sep 20, 2021.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

Please could someone help,

have an integrated fridge door which needs to be attached to kitchen door.

picture explains better. Kinda get how it goes with manual.

there are no measurements as in how high to fit etc. Or is it up to the installer.

please see pic, really grateful for any advice. Thankyou

2. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

How high up on the door, or off bottom do you recommend

Attached Files:

3. dray

dray Active Member

Are you just holding that fitting there or is that where the screw holes are? I suspect that if you look carefully you will see the indents for that fitting to fit to the door and then the slider part goes with it.

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Great thankyou I will check again

5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Just checked no indents unfortunately

6. Hell68

Hell68 Member

Coincidentally I've got mine to fit too. Just checked it......

if you rub your finger quite hard down the side of the door you should be able to feel the prepared holes. They're not obvious

If it helps they're 15 cm ish down from the top and 15 cm ish up from the bottom

7. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

As dray says - almost all integrated fridge freezers have little indents punched into the door edge which is where you screw the slider bracket to the door. No indents = no problem. Look at the pics I attached of two I’ve just done. The sliders are positioned around 130-150mm from the top and bottom of each door. Make sure you position these to avoid extra hinge holes which may be drilled into your door. Place your sliders in position, and mark the hole positions on the door. You then need to carefully drill 2mm pilot holes through the metalwork. Fix the slider brackets to the door using the self-tappers which should have come with the brackets.

617D7576-E579-4C84-ABAF-EF729804302F.jpeg 63D5CC34-57A8-4693-A7C9-323D5C8F178F.jpeg

tore81 likes this.
  8. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

9. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thankyou mate.

I appreciate it, I don’t have the correct drill bit to hand. I’ll give it a whirl tomorrow.

cheers

10. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Would you just go 130 top? and bottom, shouldn’t make a difference. Typical no indents, just gives me piece of mind lol

11. Tilt

Tilt Active Member

@tore81
    The more critical part of fitting these is that at least one of them is close to where the pull handles on the cabinet doors are.
    This will help with longevity of the setup working correctly.

If you have one slider just either side of where the door is pulled it will work well and feel nice and solid, if fitted correctly.

If your cabinet door handles are at the bottom then having a slider at the top of the door is not strictly necessary.
    It does however, help hold the doors stable with each other and it is generally thought one near the top and one near the bottom.

tore81 likes this.