front door

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by sammy toaster, Jun 6, 2008.

1. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

can one get a nice blue colour for a front door in eggshell? or is hard gloss the only way.

2. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

You should know better than that, Sammy. Of course you can

3. TheeTiny

TheeTiny New Member

Bad advice Bertie, look on the can, Eggshell is an interior product only.
    Dulux Weathershield Quick Drying Exterior Satin is available in most colours but personally I think satin finishes always look dirty and unfinished.
    Can't beat a shiny front door IMHO

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Dulux Weathershield Quick Drying Exterior Satin is available in most colours but personally I think satin finishes always look dirty and unfinished.

Contradiction or what??????????

Bertie gave sound advice.

5. slapiton

slapiton New Member

still confused, wots the diff. between satin and eggshell?

6. TheeTiny

TheeTiny New Member

Contradiction or what??????????

Bertie gave sound advice.

No contradiction at all mate, two entirely different products!!!

Agreed that both have a similar mid-sheen finish but as i said normal oil-based eggshell is not for external work read the tin. That is why I suggested the EXTERIOR SATIN. Used Sadolin superdec opaque finish today and have to say a very easy product to use being water based and dried to a satin-eggshell-mid sheen finish

7. T-C

T-C New Member

Farrow and ball do an oil based exterior eggshell, and a lot of other makes do satin and eggshell exterior finishes. T-C

8. Burlington Bertie

Not such bad advice ThreeTiny. Suggest you check your facts before making comments

9. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

Tell 'em Bertie !!

It Was quite Sensible (advice) :)

10. TheeTiny

TheeTiny New Member

Facts were the guy asked if he could paint his front door in eggshell not if he could achieve an eggshell finish. If he went to a store and asked for eggshell then that is what they would give him. Was only trying to clear that up not cause offence, so apologies if any were taken

11. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

I don't think Bertie will take offence. He is far to knowledgeable on painting matters. He will help you all he can with good advice - isn't that right Bertie?

IWS: It Was Sound (advice) :)

12. Burlington Bertie

No offence taken ThreeTiny

Aw shucks, IWS, I did'nt know you cared:^O