Fuel pump prices

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sparky steve, Mar 23, 2022.

1. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

To help resolve the rising cost of fuel.
    One of the large oil companies have announced that they are going to be producing fuel from insect urine!

I think it’s B.P.

rogerk101, Dean Worsell and Astramax like this.
  2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Are they taking the ****?

rogerk101 and Astramax like this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Use by the best before date though as it will B.P. you off.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Although the Supermarkets sell an additive for diesel performance called 'Cooking Oil'.

5. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I think that’s a twitter story, possibly a joke or more likely a case of journalist dumbing down on science they can’t understand.

But there are many companies looking at insects enzymes as they can convert cellulose into sugars. Form sugars it’s a simple step of converting it to ethanol. Yes, apart from reducing dependence on Russian oil, it can also serve to reduce dependency on imported vodka !

but insects pi**ing diesel may be far fetched.

6. spannerw

spannerw Screwfix Select

I think sparky was trying to make a joke.
    Bee Pee

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I am obviously suffering from a case of humour bypass :(

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I used to pour cooking oil in my old van. Was cheap to buy at tesco and pour straight in. Not worth it now as cost gone up plus the risks. Definitely not this time of year with cold nights. Does smell like a chip shop and there was a local place selling old filtered oil but not seen it or smelt engines burning oil for years now. Never caught on. Van had no mods just pour in. Approx 15% - 20 % oil if memory serves. Tried to keep it under 20%

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  9. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Sorry:) forgot the forum likes photos:D
    71D3C13F-676E-4911-9BC4-DB3D1E1382D2.jpeg

10. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Wow! A failed afterburner ! Just imagine the thrust if the fuel ignited ! :D

11. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

I saw this great money saving tip in the Daily Mash today...o_O:)

AN idiot has told friends he is not concerned about petrol prices going up as he only ever puts a tenner’s worth in anyway.

Tom Logan believes he can beat fuel duty using this clever ploy, and is definitely getting one over on chancellor Rishi Sunak.

Logan said: “Only a total mug would spend £80 filling up their car, so I make sure I only put a few quid in. It’s easy to keep the amount low, so I don’t get what everyone is making such a fuss about.

“I’ve told my mates how easy it is to beat the system, and they just laugh at me. But the joke’s on them because I’m the one with all this extra cash in my pocket. I’m going to put it into Bitcoin. That’s another completely foolproof financial strategy.”
    Friend Jack Browne said: “We’ve attempted to explain but Tom is such an oaf* he just doesn’t get it.

“He’ll probably take the same approach with food and gradually starve, but at least then he won’t be able to breed and spread the stupid genes.”

[*oaf replaces stronger word!!]

12. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see £2/litre next month.

13. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi.
    I have a Toyota CAMRY 1995 had it sine
    I can only used E5
    Thats 10p a litre more that E10 in this area

Johnny M
    Had it since new it can oly

14. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

Right I've just gone on line and bought a few bee hives.........hang on is this a joke??