Fuse box cables

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Em_ma, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Em_ma

Em_ma New Member

An electrical company has fitted a new fuse box in the property I live in. The box is in a cupboard under the stairs. When the new one was installed some of the wall plaster has been channelled out and the cables running from the fuse box run inside of the channels.
    The co. said they would need to plaster them in for safety, but they would need to get approval from the landlord. This was on 11th August and nothing has been done. I have called the letting agents a couple of times who are in no urgency to get it sorted, not is the landlord.
    Should I be worried about these cables not yet being plastered in, and does this go against regulations?

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

No you dont need to worry they haven't been plastered in yet. They are out of harms way..

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I thought under stair cu's where a no no these days?

5. bright_Spark

bright_Spark Screwfix Select

No panic for the plastering work, most fuse boards have cables entering and leaving with no protection. It is more asthetics than a safety concern.

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

My CU is in the under stairs cupboard, with the rest of the "data centre", Spark who tested the rewire and signed it all off didn't bat an eye lid, its been there since the house was built.

Why would this location be an issue?

7. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I guess if there is a fire in cu due to a loose connection it might set fire to the means of escape from upstairs.

8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

@Coloumb Electrical Safety First Best Practice Guide 4 lists a plastic CU under the stairs as a C3.