Gap between Railway Sleepers

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by tdidz91, May 18, 2020.

1. tdidz91

tdidz91 New Member

I have created a retaining wall using railway sleepers (this should level off the gradient of the garden). After cementing the bottom layer to the ground I've realized that there is a gap as the next layer is placed on top.
    20200517_153635.jpg

This is my first project doing something like this so please excuse the major amateurism

Not wanting to undo the work that i have already done, i was wondering if there is anything i could do to fill this gap. i was thinking possibly gluing in some wedges, trimming so flush then sanding etc. Any advice would be welcome

2. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

Welcome to the wonderful world of construction, where materials are seldom square, straight or uniform;) If you are after nice crisp edges and straight lines you’ve chosen the wrong material lol. That said what you’ve done looks ok, trying to do anything with the gaps is going to draw the eye to it :)

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. tdidz91

tdidz91 New Member

Haha same advice as my old man. Did think I could always stick a plant pot in front of it Haha. Thanks

4. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Those are NOT railway sleepers but just 8x4 softwood treated with a brown stain and preservative.

Did you screw them together in any way, If you had, that gap should not have appeared.