Garage Conversion

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pde100, Nov 16, 2018.

1. pde100

pde100 Member

IMG_0291.jpg hello

I recently our house attached garage insulated and ceiling put in. I was examining the gutters and noticed the attached. Seems the soffit has come away from the wall (think that's the correct term). Feels like the roof beams are pushing against it so not sure how long its been that way. The new celling isn't wet in that corner so not an urgent problem but clearly not good!

Any advance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. Are you saying that this has just happened, this looks like it’s been like it for ages?

3. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Fascia board, soffit goes underneath.

Though your could be called a bargeboard as its directly on the wall.

gutters.png

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Anyhow back to your pics, because your boards are fitted directly on to the roof joists it would suggest some movement in the joists, them getting wet would cause this.

5. pde100

pde100 Member

Yes I’m not sure how long it’s been like that. It may be I haven’t noticed. I’m not sure if I should just use sealant to attach it back ? Or is there a better way ?

Thanks

6. pde100

pde100 Member

thank for any advice with this

7. pde100

pde100 Member

hello any advice on how to attach the bargeboard would be appreciated, thanks very much in advance, greatly appreciated

8. pde100

pde100 Member

Does anyone know I good way of fixing the boards back if the wood has moved?

thanks for any advice

9. pde100

pde100 Member

hello I'm going to use sealant, does this sound ok?