Garage Electrics

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rojales, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Rojales

Rojales New Member

I have a large garage and will be installing an 8 socket ring main. Garage has its own Dist Board. I want 2 outdoor sockets, can these be ran as spurs off ring main or should they be on own circuit

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Not sure what you mean tbh. What does the cu currently supply? You want to add a ring final and another two outside sockets? New ctts. are notifiable and require proper testing.

3. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

Garage I assume commercial so no requirement to notify that is only for domestic, but since commercial electricity at work act comes in, and the ring final was designed for domestic, so one has to work out likely loads at ring final ends, in other words it needs planning, this is not some thing one can do over a forum, no one can design it for you, we have no idea of loads, lengths or any other items.

4. timotay

timotay Active Member

If you are planning to use machinery the system needs to be designed by a competent person to allow for inrush currents etc.
    And some Radial ccts might be a better option.
    Tim

5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

I'd guess this to be a domestic, as it was a Sunday newbie enquiry!

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

There he is look, in all his majesty, another rare visit from God almighty himself :D

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Just popping in to ensure you're all playing nicely! :D