Garage floor leak

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Iain White, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Iain White

Iain White New Member

Hi, I have a sectional concrete roughest garage that leaks into the garage floor where it sits on the concrete plinth, I need this dry, could I use self adhesive flashing tape all the way round the seal, would this do the job or is there a more fullproof way to do it. Cheers

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Polymer mastic sticks to wet surfaces. Flashing might work but you need the primer but the damp might drive it off. You would need to wait until dry weather to apply flashing though. What about creating groves to take water away then pointing up any gaps in garage with resin type fillers that are now available. Picture would help get you better advise

3. Iain White

Iain White New Member

Hi cheers for that advise, I'll have a look for polymer mystic, I can only post 1 pic I think, can't upload, anyway I'll try later but it's only the seam between the concrete floor and the concrete sections of the garage that's where it's getting in.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Loads of polymer mastics about. Look for sticks to wet surfaces. Re photo. Take screen shot and upload that as smaller file size..

Try this one. [​IMG]