Garage ventilation recommendations

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by stevehpfc, Jul 14, 2021.

1. stevehpfc

stevehpfc New Member

My integral garage is fairly well sealed, seceuroglide roller door and internal fire door to the hall.

I have just started to use the garage as intended and am getting car smells into the house, possibly need to look at the seals around the internal door. It is a fire door but fitted in the days before fire door seal kits were specified and just has standard door stops, so I'm changing those.

However as the garage is fairly well sealed I am thinking I need to ventilate it and am looking for recommendations/suggestions.

It is less than 30 m sq so it isn't actually required by building regs but I think it would benefit from it anyway.

It's an external cavity wall.

I have seen vents on line that require a 117mm hole to be drilled through and ideally I'd like to find an easier alternative as getting hold of a 117mm diamond cutters going to add a fair few quid to the cost.

I was thinking possibly drilling more smaller holes and using a vent cover on the outside of around 260mm wide x 90mm high to cover the holes or is that a complete bodge?

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Hire a core drill for the day, not expensive. What are car smells other than exhaust, oil or fuel none of which you should experiance really.

3. stevehpfc

stevehpfc New Member

It's an old car.
    My local hire shops seems to want a fortune for a core drill, perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing

4. Charles_A

Charles_A New Member

About to do similar myself for a 110mm soil pipe through external brick wall. Instead of paying out for a core drill I was planning on stitch drilling with sds drill bit and knocking through

5. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Charles_A likes this.