Garden office

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Stuart74, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hello

I have recently bought and had installed a Garden Office. (www.warwickbuildings.co.uk)

I was hoping for some advice on what type of paint I can use for the INTERIOR. Can I use normal emulsions, (e.g. dulux)? I was hoping to do the ceiling white and the walls an off white
    shade.

Thanks

Stuart

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

What timber is on the interior and is it treated at all?

3. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hello

It is tongue and groove timber, I think untreated, but I am asking the company to confirm exact details.

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Knowing as we do about T&G, has it a waterproof membrane under the T&G.
    Otherwise, movement, cold & heat will allow boards to move??

"I was hoping for some advice on what type of paint I can use for the INTERIOR. Can I use normal emulsions, (e.g. dulux)? I was hoping to do the ceiling white and the walls an off white
    shade".
    Dont see a problem with that.

5. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hi

The wall construction has a membrane underneath the T&G. before it gets it the outside layer of the garden office.

Thanks

masterdiy likes this.
  6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Take a look at the Sikkens range, the Rubbol Satura Plus is a good one for this application I think, is available in white, not sure about other colours. I find the Sikkens range to be good quality but very confusing.

7. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

As its an outside timber office consider Bedec MSP (multi surface paint) as it will cope very well with fluctuations in temperature therefore resisting cracking along the t&g joins.

KIAB likes this.
  8. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Astra, INTERIOR.

9. Astramax

YES...I know, what's the problem! Highly flexable, no priming required, suitable for both interior and exterior use.;)

masterdiy and KIAB like this.
  10. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Thank you for your replies

11. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Please may I ask. As the OUTSIDE is clad in Cedar I was considering using RESTOL. Is this a good choice?

12. Astramax

Never have used it, however RESTOL has favourable reviews which is a bonus and contains linseed oil so can see no reason why not, follow the instructions though.

13. Ben Michelle

Ben Michelle New Member

Resene staff and provided to enable you to gain a greater understanding of the substrates and paint systems you may encounter in your decorating project. It almost cover all decorating scenarios in a single document, https://docsbay.net/resene-popular-paint-systems hope that helps