Garden office

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Stuart74, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

1. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hello

I have recently bought and had installed a Garden Office. (www.warwickbuildings.co.uk)

I was hoping for some advice on what type of paint I can use for the INTERIOR. Can I use normal emulsions, (e.g. dulux)? I was hoping to do the ceiling white and the walls an off white
    shade.

Thanks

Stuart

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

What timber is on the interior and is it treated at all?

3. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hello

It is tongue and groove timber, I think untreated, but I am asking the company to confirm exact details.

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Knowing as we do about T&G, has it a waterproof membrane under the T&G.
    Otherwise, movement, cold & heat will allow boards to move??

"I was hoping for some advice on what type of paint I can use for the INTERIOR. Can I use normal emulsions, (e.g. dulux)? I was hoping to do the ceiling white and the walls an off white
    shade".
    Dont see a problem with that.

5. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Hi

The wall construction has a membrane underneath the T&G. before it gets it the outside layer of the garden office.

Thanks

masterdiy likes this.
  6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Take a look at the Sikkens range, the Rubbol Satura Plus is a good one for this application I think, is available in white, not sure about other colours. I find the Sikkens range to be good quality but very confusing.

7. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

As its an outside timber office consider Bedec MSP (multi surface paint) as it will cope very well with fluctuations in temperature therefore resisting cracking along the t&g joins.

KIAB likes this.
  8. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Astra, INTERIOR.

9. Astramax

YES...I know, what's the problem! Highly flexable, no priming required, suitable for both interior and exterior use.;)

masterdiy and KIAB like this.
  10. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Thank you for your replies

11. Stuart74

Stuart74 New Member

Please may I ask. As the OUTSIDE is clad in Cedar I was considering using RESTOL. Is this a good choice?

12. Astramax

Never have used it, however RESTOL has favourable reviews which is a bonus and contains linseed oil so can see no reason why not, follow the instructions though.