Garden Shed Weight

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by KIAB, Feb 27, 2019.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

How much does a 8'x6' apex garden shed weight assembled, but empty?

Got one to move,about 18', trying to be clever barsteward & avoid taking it apart,thought about lifting it with mini digger,would it work,only needs to be just clear of the ground,say 150mm lifted to move it

2. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I moved one 12 x 8, had so many layers of felt on the roof, the felt weighed more than the shed. End of scaffold plank under one end and lifted it with leverage, then a round wooden fence post under it. Then end of scaffold plank under other end and it just rolled along ground on round fence post with leverage from scaffold plank. Think like the ancient Egyptians

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

No idea on weight.

If I would be doing it, I would try putting down some ply and either leaver / push it or put a strap on the bottom and pull it with a winch or something like that.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Of course got watch out for that shoulder ....

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A bit tight for space to pull it out, site is unlevel,also the risk it might topple over low retaining wall, or worse still take digger over as well.

That's one of my main problems.
    Got my lad for the heavy work,ain't letting him loose on a digger.:D

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I would have thought its not too bad, can you not lay some 4x2 timbers on the ground and pull it along?

7. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

To lift mine I stuck a 12 foot scaffold board under one end and pivoted it on a brick, my 8 year old daughter pushed down on other end and it lifted, while I put the round posts under end to roll it?

8. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Watch out for DHSS spys! ;)..........................oooohhhhhh eversoooooo on the ball!!!!!!