Gas Boiler better on Ground or First floor? (prob a combi)

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by BikerChris, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Ideal floor for Gas boiler location (prob a combi)

1. Ground Floor

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. First Floor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on stuff you haven't mentioned.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

absolutely devil. i'll definitely read up about the requirements, want to keep the building inspector happy...as usual! Hopefully I'll have lecky and can make him a cuppa :)

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

I appreciate the solutions offered and I had considered them, but this is making a simple job more complex. We may be able to cope, but what about the next person to own the house, or even Chris, would they want the hassle of non standard add ons? K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, keep it standard so that any plumber can understand the system and be able to repair it as required.

3. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Point very much noted Bob, I'm in favour of K.I.S.S whenever possible too! I've yet to speak to a plumber but wanted to have a good idea of where it's going, I'll definitely get back to you if the plumber says, "in the attic? Are you crazy?!?", or words to that effect!

4. Absolutely, Bob.

I'm just giving Chris the options, that's all.

(I think I know what I would do in his house... :p )

BikerChris likes this.
  5. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Options are good aren't they Devil, that's why we like menus :)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

I've just been booked to put a complete heating system in a small 3 bed semi (currently multipoint water heater, gas fire and a few electric heaters) and I'm planning to put the combi up in the loft. This will free up a kitchen cupboard sized space in the small kitchen and will get everything out of the way but I will add a second filling loop and gauge either in the kitchen or airing cupboard.

7. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

We’ve just had the same done and it’s great. Plenty of hot water, space gained in the kitchen AND we have an empty air in cupboard for extra storage. Very much a family home so no need to install a Stannah to get up the loft ladder.

8. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Hi all, been a while but just wanted to say the gas boiler was put in the loft space in the end. Worked well and saved some space downstairs. Thanks again!