Gas geyser for running a shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by azizrasul, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:28 PM.

  1. azizrasul

    azizrasul Member


    Can anyone recommend a gas geyser for the sole purpose of running a shower. I assume a water mains pipe is connected to it as well as a gas connection.
  2. just pumps

    just pumps Active Member

    Can you explain "geyser" in the context of your question?
  3. The Teach

    The Teach Active Member

  4. rogerk101

    rogerk101 Active Member

    I have to assume the original poster is South African, because water heaters/cylinders are referred to as geysers over there.

    The gas fired 'Junkers' geysers that are very common in South Africa, and which heat shower water on demand usually from bottled gas, are not really found in the UK. I personally haven't seen them for sale here.
  5. MGW

    MGW Well-Known Member

    I have a Main 7 in my house, it works fine with shower, however it is rather old, not sure you can get them any more? They had no electric connection. But when combi came out think they stopped making them.
  6. azizrasul

    azizrasul Member

    I meant a gas fired unit to get hot water for a shower.
    I don't want an electric shower as I already have one in the house and I don't want it to trip if both are being used simultaneously.
  7. NoOhmToGoTo

    NoOhmToGoTo Active Member

    You don't want what to trip?

Share This Page