gas illegals

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Omniscient Polymath, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Omniscient Polymath

Omniscient Polymath New Member

Sir Micheal Faraday
    many years ago. A true ENGLISH giant.

Yes something to do with electricity, but FARAD! what does that mean, what is it named after and what is the unit..........

I bet you don't know. Sleep on it and get a book from the library, I don't require this, as I'm an engineer and tradesman unlike you poor boy.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

"I don't require this, as I'm an engineer and tradesman unlike you poor boy."

Someones up himself!

3. mantor

mantor New Member

Ha ha ha, the great thing about forum "discussions" such as this, is that the posts are there for all to read, providing the mods don't delete them of course. You have been shown to be a true ignoramus, and like the idiot that you are have now descended into insults as a means to try and win an argument that you have already lost. That won't work, whatever you say now just makes you look more stupid. Why not just admit that the great "two apprenticeships, more qualified than anyone, could have engineer on the side of my van, better than anyone else, respect me respect me" plum&elec isn't so great after all. And start participating in this forum in the spirit for which it was intended, that is to say friendly advice, given and taken, without all the cr*p that you bring along with yours.

4. Cobblers

Cobblers New Member

Oh were getting into who the great English scientist
    was, let me make another thing clear here, that per
    head of populous, the scots are more eminent.

Does this include Rab c Nesbit and the Krankies

5. georgeybest

georgeybest New Member

This is where you are wrong son. I served my 4 year Plumbing/Heating apprenticeship in Scotland. 1990 due to a slow down in the building trade had to move to England to take up an Adult apprenticeship with the MOD 'Civillian' in electrical and electronics.

Gained a Beng in elec/electronic engineering 'Oxford Brookes' through day release from work as well.

So, by definition, you are a CCC ( Career Change Chancer ).
    Just wanted to clear that up.

6. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Mantor - you sarcy b'str'd! :)

7. billybongos

billybongos New Member

I neither agree nor disagree with this forum... I'm somewhere in-between

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Oh were getting into who the great English
    scientist
    was, let me make another thing clear here, that
    per
    head of populous, the scots are more eminent.

Does this include Rab c Nesbit and the Krankies

Here's a few others, arzehole!!
    http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/home/scotland/greatscots.html

Look, it's a well established fact we Scots invented the modern world, time you English tozzers got over it!!! Jeez, you just need to read some of the posts on here - you can easily see the poor quality English education system. That's why Scots are running the UK & most top management posts in the UK are held by Jocks.

9. Gained a Beng in elec/electronic engineering 'Oxford
    Brookes' through day release from work as well.

I'm Corgi, OFTEC and NICEIC registered with more
    qualifications than you can shake a stick at.

I obviously underestimated your intelligence. If I had been afforded the opportunity of studying at the world renowned Oxford Poly, I too would be bursting with pride and shouting my achievements from the highest steeples in the land, to all and sundry.

10. Omniscient Polymath

Here's a few others, arzehole!!
    http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/home/scotland/greatscots.html

Look, it's a well established fact we Scots invented
    the modern world, time you English tozzers got over
    it!!! Jeez, you just need to read some of the posts
    on here - you can easily see the poor quality English
    education system. That's why Scots are running the UK
    & most top management posts in the UK are held by
    Jocks.

Ah! A lump in the throat and distant sound of pipes, heck am ready for marching over the border.

Ironicly the last one on the list:-

James Young (1811 - 1883)

Chemical Engineer. Developed the process of refining oil and created the world's first oil industry based on the Oil Shales of West Lothian, close to Edinburgh.

Not only does westminster receive in revenue billions fron north sea oil, London Tory MP's have the audacity to presume Scotland get's more money per head of population than anywhere else in the UK. These idiot's are to blind to see that it is actually Londoners that get the largest amount spent on them per head of population.

So I think they should bite there tongues when it comes to the west lothion question. Or we'll go it alone, that means the oil is ours folks.

Another thing, it was actually north sea oil that saved this country back in the 70's of winter discontent when the country was on it's knees. Westminster would do well to remember that.

11. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

All very nice, but what happens when the oil runs out ?

12. Omniscient Polymath

All very nice, but what happens when the oil runs out
    ?

Apparently the boffins have identified another 40 years worth due to new directional drilling techniques.

And I am not a supporter of independence, it would weaken the country as a whole. Heck, I know the Labour government are trying to ruin it, but could you trust the SNP....

13. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

The Saudis have been borrowing heavily from the world bank on the strength of their estimated remaining oil reserves, but as they have never allowed any independent inspections to evaluate these numbers we only have their word for that, and many oil experts believe their actual reserves may be nowhere near what they are stating

14. georgeybest

georgeybest New Member

This is where you are wrong son. I served my 4 year Plumbing/Heating apprenticeship in Scotland. 1990 due to a slow down in the building trade had to move to England to take up an Adult apprenticeship with the MOD 'Civillian' in electrical and electronics.

Gained a Beng in elec/electronic engineering 'Oxford Brookes' through day release from work as well.

So, by definition, you are a CCC ( Career Change Chancer ).

15. Omniscient Polymath

This is where you are wrong son. I served my 4 year
    Plumbing/Heating apprenticeship in Scotland. 1990 due
    to a slow down in the building trade had to move to
    England to take up an Adult apprenticeship with the
    MOD 'Civillian' in electrical and electronics.

Gained a Beng in elec/electronic engineering 'Oxford
    Brookes' through day release from work as well.

So, by definition, you are a CCC ( Career Change
    Chancer ).

If someone has undertook another 4 year recognized apprenticeship, then how can he or she be a cc-ccc.

The definition of a cc-ccc is, someone who decides to leave there previous job and undertake a fast track course in the hope of jumping on the plumbing bandwagon.

They have had neither the proper training nor guidance, through years of working under an experienced operative.

I have always said I have no problem with adult retrainers, some of there skills in some instances are transferable. However, they must gain the correct qualifications along with a prolonged period of guidance from someone timeserved. i.e min of 2 years.

If you were to look on the websites of the various trade
    associations you will find they say this too.

Hence course cowboy and career change chancer tag, cowboy and chancer because they have not had the correct training.

That simple enough for you. By the way are you a cc-ccc. Sounds like it.

Anyway, I have not stopped doing Plumbing just added a second trade to my skills, I do both. Not exactly a career change.

16. wetneck

wetneck New Member

Mantor - you sarcy b'str'd! :)

Sweet

17. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

All very nice, but what happens when the oil runs out ?..................Of course you'll know Ally, how Scotland is in one of the best locations in Europe for renewables, hydro, wind & tide power.

Also all the oil reserves around the whole of the Scottish coast line, that will be viable if the cost of a barrel of oil goes up much further. Then we also have 400 years of coal reserves - below ground, so as soon as the technoligy is in place to burn it, we're in a great position for the future.

Glasgow is fast becoming one of the largest fanacial centers in Europe, with many banks etc relocating outside London as they find it too expensive and with the availabilty of well educated staff here.

Even our property market here in Scotland is holding up very well.

There's no downside to being Scottish.

18. mantor

mantor New Member

There's no downside to being Scottish.

There's one I can think of for starters Dick, you've never won the world cup, like what we have once, a very very very long time ago.

19. georgeybest

georgeybest New Member

The definition of a cc-ccc is, someone who decides to leave there previous job and undertake a fast track course in the hope of jumping on the plumbing bandwagon.

No, you are wrong. The famous CCC as coined by Dick relates to anyone other than a school leaver doing an apprenticeship. You are no different to an ex IT muppet changing careers because the work has dried up.
    Sorry, I dont make the rules.

Did my training back in the eighties, sorry to dissapoint.

As far as all this CC and CCC nonsense, I only believe there are GOOD or BAD plumbers, I know newbies who are excellent and old TS that are ***** and vice versa.

By the way, do you have a Beng? not sure whether you mentioned it or not.

See you N tea.

20. My fourpenneth (on the original topic) - if the guy had done a decent, safe job, I don't think notifying various authorities about would be appropriate. As has already been said, almost everyone in almost every trade does the odd thing for cash outside the system.

However the customer is the important one here. She has gone to a so-called professional in good faith and deserves to have a proper, safe installation. From what's been said it sounds like the job wasn't up to scratch and is actually dangerous.

Also, few things reduce public faith in a trade more than the trade closing ranks to protect the corrupt or incompetent. You qualified professionals out there deserve better than guys like this undermining and undercutting you.

Therefore I reckon a discreet notification was absolutely the right thing to do.

Just my opinion.