Gas Line routing in a kitchen

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DannyDoLittle, Nov 17, 2017.

1. DannyDoLittle

DannyDoLittle Active Member

Morning gents

Is there any reason why a gas line to a island cooker can't be routed under the kitchen units (clipped to the wall), then buried in concrete screed from the wall to the island cooker, a distance of aprox 2mtrs from the wall to the cooker??

Attached Files:

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

No reason whatsoever, this is a common practice to feed an island. All you have to ensure is that your gas fitter uses the correct pipework and protection from the screed as it is corrosive to some materials. He will be fully aware of what to use correctly and safely and carry out the nessacary tests to ensure it is gas tight.

judi and DannyDoLittle like this.
  3. DannyDoLittle

DannyDoLittle Active Member

Appreciated thanks. I just want to get things ready for him when he comes with regards to the donkey work because i'll be fitting the kitchen (loosely) before the pipe is laid so want to make it as easy as I can for him given the situation.

4. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Just chase out the screed ready for him, if hes like me he'll appreciate that.

5. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Tracpipe would be my preferred method.