GAS METER FITTING

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by GAS METER FITTING, Oct 19, 2010.

1. GAS METER FITTING

GAS METER FITTING New Member

I GOT A GAS METER OF BK-G4 Natural Gas Diaphragm Meter AND THE GAS PIPE IS 1.1/4" AND GAS METER ADAPTOR IS ONE INCH. STRUGGLED A LOT TO FIT INTO THE GAS METER WHICH ONE SIZE WILL BE EXACTLY SUITABLE FOR GAS METER TO THE GAS PIPE. AND IF ANYONE KNOWS GAS FITTERS OR GAS CONNECTORS SHOP IN SHEFFIELD, SOUTHYORKSHIRE IS THERE TO GUIDE ME IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO CONNECT THE METER.

REGARDS
    HARIHARAN GUNASEKARAN

[Edited by: admin]

2. Bill the Scot

Bill the Scot New Member

Should this not be installed by gas supplier or at least a qualified gas fitter as they have all necessary connections. Don't muck about with something you know little about.
    Remember gas can and does cause death. KABOOM!!!!!

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You should NOT be doing this. The meter is the property of National Grid and they will take a very dim view of you fiddling with it. You could even find yourself in court.

4. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

I'm Afraid Those two replies of wisdom, along with the words they contained, ...will in all probability be ''Like Water Off A Ducks back!!!''

5. superfurryanimal

superfurryanimal New Member

lol
    @
    HARIHARAN GUNASEKARAN

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

7. chris roast

chris roast Member

tommorrows headlines, man blows himself up, trying to bypass meter lol

8. superfurryanimal

superfurryanimal New Member

owe HARIHARAN GUNASEKARAN *

watch this ....

now put your hand in your pocket fella :'( geta gas safe engineer out :)

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Goodness Gracious Me! :O

10. roythehandyman

roythehandyman New Member

Give the guy a break, Get a meter or so of hosepipe, stick end in a jug of boiling water, when the end is soft just ease it over the outlet, connect the other end to a cooker or gas fire. Make sure you do a "smoke test" sit cross legged in front of the meter, Place cigarette in mouth and strike match. If you manage to smoke the entire cigarette then the joint has passed the first test. Next do the same test whilst sitting in front of the appliance. If that passes the test then you are privatly qualified as a gas safe fitter. You should then contact british gas and invite them around to view your completed work. make sure they give you your gas safe registration number before they rush off!

11. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

I don't fink BG will give him a number:(

12. chris roast

chris roast Member

maybe he could ring Gassafe and ask them to talk hime though the process of fitting a meter, if he manages to fit it without blowing himself up, he be qualified adn giving a number

13. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

BG or Gas Safe won't be able to give him a number cos he'd be gone by then. To planner Zuss:p

14. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

Don't you guys recognise a wind up when it's around? lol