Gas oven different connector to previous

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Nicola Healey, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Nicola Healey

Nicola Healey New Member

Hello,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but I'll try my luck!

I found out recently I had a gas leak so I called a guy after the gas was stopped to get this fixed. I came home from work and he's sawing through the oven connection pipe to the gas meter outside the house, I know nothing about gas engineering so I took him at his word when he told me this needed to be done, I trust him he's a fair man.

He got my central heating back on and advised me that I need a new gas oven pipe from the meter to the house.

I took this opportunity to upgrade a very old oven that was in the property when I purchased it. I have swapped from a standard gas oven (which was awful!) To a rangemaster 110.

The gas engineer is coming out soon to connect me up but the connectors from the wall to the new oven look different to my old oven.

Pictures - old connector
    (Blue glove hand picture) new connector which us a bayonet connection (?)

So my question is that because the gas bayonet on the new oven won't fit the brass connector on the wall, what do I need to buy to get my oven working?

*my gas guy does my work as a favour so I always try to buy everything I need, but due to the world cup he's not forthcoming on responses and I want the equipment here for when he comes to fit the oven!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. Nicola Healey

Nicola Healey New Member

3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

4. Nicola Healey

Nicola Healey New Member

It does have the hose on the rangemaster yes

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

That's good then.
    Tell your gas fitter to read the installation instructions for the Rangemaster. The positioning of the wall plate/bayonet i linked to is very important, the fitting instructions clearly show where on the wall behind the cooker this needs to be.

6. Nicola Healey

Nicola Healey New Member

Thank you very much I really appreciate your response