Gas pipe and chain in the way of oven

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Peter79paul, Aug 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Peter79paul

Peter79paul New Member

Hi,

I want to fit an electronic oven and hob. However the gas pipe, the gas chain and the electric box are preventing me to push back the cabinet.
    I could:

1. Cut and opening at the back of the cabinet for the electric box. That will be sorted. Hopefully the box is is not going to be in the way of the Hibs and the oven.

2. I could remove the chain as I don't like to use the gas. All will be electrical appliances.

What can I do with the gas pipe?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. xdrive

xdrive New Member

Gas pipe can be cut short by certified engineer.

Chain removed by yourself

I'd move electric box lower. Done by electrician unless you are competent.

3. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Gas pipe looks like steel.
    If that’s a fitting near the floor then the pipe can be capped off.
    The chain will just unscrew from the wall.
    The current electrical connection could be moved and altered depending on how the hob and oven are connected.
    Chances are the hob will be hard wired and the oven from a plug.

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Can a hob and oven both be wired into the special elec box behind a cooker?

Looking at getting a cooker which doesnt have a plug.

5. qwas123

qwas123 Screwfix Select

Mostly suggest do as above but my two pees worth below

The redundant (possibly live)gas pipe should be disconnected at wherever it last branches off, its a bad idea to leave a live redundant gas line. Unwind the gas pipe from where it goes into the floor or below the floor (hopefully a suspended floor?). All done by a Gas Safe.

Use internet for Mfr's instructions for your appliance dimensions and power requirements.
    There seems to have been a previous elec cooker, is there an accessible DP isolater?
    If necessary a sparky would check cable size requirements and any existing elec devices for safety.