Gas Pipe Bonding?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mosaix, Nov 14, 2017.

1. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me as to why organisations consistently feel the need to change terminology for no valid reason or purpose or benefit.
    It was called earthing. cross bonding,
    bonding, Main equipotential bonding......
    and in On site Guide red book...section 4.2.......Main Protective Bonding...and on the next line it's called... protective Equipotential bonding.
    What a lot of Borax...and cobras.
    ;)
    RS

2. spinlondon

spinlondon Well-Known Member

They do it so people don’t get confused.

ramseyman likes this.
  3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. retiredsparks

That !...made me laugh...:D
    Rs

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Active Member

Nahhhhhhh, don't be silly. It's so that the idiots that come up with all this **** can justify the job they don't do properly. CORGI laid the foundations for this in the 1980's, GAS SAFE and the NICEIC have just taken it forwards and upwards to yet another level.
    After all, how do you think they could make as much as they do unless they change regs every 5 mins so forcing registered members having to fork out yet another £600 for yet another course that tells them nothing new.

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Just pop into electrical supplier for some earth cable. Morning Eustace - 50 meters 16mm earth cable please

''Righto guvnor just a min'' - 1 minute later 50 meters of 16mm earth cable on counter. Cheers Eustace av a nice day m8.

Its that simple.

7. spinlondon

spinlondon Well-Known Member

Bulbs go in the ground, lamps into light fittings.
    It’s why I always ask for a headlamp lamp at motor factors.

8. stubber1

stubber1 New Member

Not quite right
    It's 600mm from point of entry into building according to gas safe people (the plumber signing off on the job I was running asked, as a bit of a clanger had been dropped before I took the site over but that got us round it

9. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

I ask for 10mm green and yellow because it could be used as an earthing conductor or bonding conductor.

Risteard likes this.
  10. retiredsparks

yep..." preferably"...
    Rs

11. Coloumb

Coloumb Well-Known Member

It's actually singles.

12. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Well-Known Member

10 mill earth cable on a 50 mt drum

Thats the end of it, stop being like a lot of old wimin over summit ya do for a day job!

We aint reg spouters who sit round the IET table thinking up ways to squeeze money out the sparks