Gas pipe inside cupboard, advice?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Hannah1992, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Hannah1992

Hannah1992 New Member

Afternoon!

Ive recently moved into a house that has a gas pipe sticking out of the wall inside one of the cupboards. Its the cupboard next to the oven.

Any ideas on how i can hide this? Pics below

Thanks,

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

If that were mine, I'd remove the back of the cupboard (or cut out a larger area around the pipe), cut the pipe back and cap it off. A relatively simple job for a gas safe plumber.

Is the pipe accessible before it comes through to the cupboard, whats on the other side?

3. Hannah1992

Hannah1992 New Member

Just a wall i think, the house is only 6 years old, i’m not sure why theres just this random pipe in the cupboard.

4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Well-Known Member

May of been for previous gas oven or hob

5. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

dont think it can be hidden but it can be removed by a gas safe registered person :)

6. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Well-Known Member

this is an easy one shut the cupboard door then the pipe is hidden problem solved.

Hfs and The Teach like this.
  7. furious_customer

furious_customer Active Member

And a few large tins of baked beans in front of it.

8. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Well-Known Member

there's enough gas in the pipe let alone the beans...

9. Scott Green

Scott Green Member

That is a symphony kitchen in a relatively new build house. Customer would have chosen an induction/electric hob. Gas pipe would have been put in as standard.

Remove backboard, get it cut back and capped off, replace backboard with 3mm board or put a sticker etc over existing hole

nigel willson likes this.