Gas pipe run

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SCR, Aug 26, 2004.

1. SCR

SCR New Member

I need to instal a gas pipe run for a Worcester Bosch HE 35 condensing boiler, the manf data requires that 28mm pipe is used (according to my calculations). Anyway this is by the by, what I need to know is whether there is any difference in the soldering technique between water pipes and gas pipes (end feed). I am sure that I have seen it mentioned on this site or similar, but is it true? If so what are the differences?

Helpful comments would be gratefully appreciated as I am sure I don't want a CORGI/DIY lecture.

Thanks.

2. Bahco

Bahco Guest

The soldering is the same for gas and water BUT you should not be mesing about with something you obviously know little about.
    How will you test installation, ensure correct pipe sizing etc!
    Get the job done by a fully trained and registered gas installer and sleep soundly at night.
    I hope you are not really user HACKED OFF trying to wind everybody up!

3. SCR

SCR New Member

Thanks Bahco,

I will be getting a Corgi guy in to finally connect and comission. The pipe sizing is detailed in the installers guide for the boiler including elbow/bend allowances, as are the flue siting requirements.

And no this is my one and only pseudonym.

Cheers.

4. Bahco

Bahco Guest

GOOD MAN!
    Way to go!

5. ezecool

ezecool New Member

I wouldn't certify someone elses pipe run. I refuse to connect to a 'pipe' unless I see something to prove that a corgi dog has installed it all.

There are just too many gotchas and guess who becomes liable for the whole installation when you walk away from the job?

In my mind, any corgi who sign it off is taking on a big risk. ( btw. nothing here intended to wind up the DIY crowd)

6. dj.

dj. New Member

7. doitall

doitall New Member

I need to instal a gas pipe run for a Worcester Bosch
    HE 35 condensing boiler, the manf data requires that
    28mm pipe is used (according to my calculations).
    Anyway this is by the by, what I need to know is
    whether there is any difference in the soldering
    technique between water pipes and gas pipes (end
    feed). I am sure that I have seen it mentioned on
    this site or similar, but is it true? If so what are
    the differences?

Helpful comments would be gratefully appreciated as I
    am sure I don't want a CORGI/DIY lecture.

Thanks.

Self cleaning flux should not be used on gas as it cannot be flushed out.