gettin rid of scratches in glass

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by stevie.c, Feb 22, 2006.

1. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

im working on a luxury block of 8no appartments in sth manchester and yesterday the window cleaners came and cleaned the windows for the 1st time,after they had gone it was discovered that nearly every pane had scratches on them.Some of the panes had very light scratches and i was wondering is there any way of buffing them out.cheers steve

2. cheltonian

cheltonian New Member

3. Biffo

Biffo Member

very doubtful to remove the scratches ,sounds like there was grit on the blade .Ive used jewelers rouge in the past ,it takes out very light scratched and it takes a lotof work ..

if you can get hold of a scratch removing machine ,its like a double handed held polishind mop . try the very fine paste, it might work .sometimes it can make it worse
    Not to sure where to get the machine ?? try double glazing unit manufacturers or google it
    Cant you claim off the window cleaners public liability ?
    I did this last year .some metalworkers wrecked about 40 glass units with angle grinder ok

4. pudding planner

pudding planner New Member

I recall in the days when the reg number of your car was etched on the windows you could get this removed. I know this cos as I was a car valeter in my youth, we got the wrong numbers given to us on a regular basis. It took quite a while to get each one off, but left only a small depression when gone. Try ringing a local car dealer and see if they can help.

5. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

cheers everyone