glazing a stable door - bevelled glass

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by countdown, Sep 25, 2007.

1. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Got to agree completly with Handy on this.

2. lamello

lamello New Member

fair enough yorkshireboy I thought the k coating was on the interior face and I stand corrected. However counting from the outside side of the glass this is how it goes with sealed units 1 smooth side of obscure 2 textured side of obscure 3 k side of smooth 4 non k side of smooth. if you disagree with this handyandy then you are disagreeing with every glazier in britain

3. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling New Member

Handy, you said "It's irrelevant if you think that weatherboards are only fitted to inward opening doors, as 99% of external doors open inwards."

Well my house has 4 doors and 2 sets of french doors that open to the outside and only one of them opens inwards. I equate that to 16.6 % of doors open outwards. Even less if you split the french pairs.

I've always been told that the pattern goes on the inside for all the reasons quoted here thus far. But, I am prepared to accept that all of us are wrong because I know you never are. ;)

4. sammy toaster

sammy toaster New Member

in the early days of fabricating sealed units by hand the roughside of patterned glass was simply wiped with wire wool to clean it up and placed on the spacer bar side. when glazed the patterned side of the unit was to the outside ofthe building, but it was still ruffside in. then it was decided by the powers that the clear skin goes outside.EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>